xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cod2 To Cod3 Comparison  (Read 596 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Cod2 To Cod3 Comparison
« on: January 25, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

So, what are your thoughts on this?  I think the single player is far superior but multiplayer is severely lacking.  
CoD2 multiplayer was great because it was simple.  A few weapons, one class, that's it.  It was great on teams and it was great on solo.  But, with the changes they have made I think they have complicated online too much.  It seems like an Enemy Territory to me.  Classes and upgraded abilities?  Artillery strikes?  Seems like such... a copy, do you know what I mean?  I've seen that before in so many games, why not stick to the multiplayer everyone LOVED (well, after the patch came out to fix the lag...)?
I think I see myself playing more CoD2 than CoD3 online.  What do you guys think and why?

OFD

• Archived User
Cod2 To Cod3 Comparison
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

Unfortunately I'm going to disagree with you!!

Although I didn't play as much MP on 2 as 3... and I DO agree that 2's MP is simpler (as a positive aspect!)... I think the MP on 3 is more complete, with a notable exception of the discrepancies between Allied and Axis weapon effectiveness.  As well, the Maps are far better in 3, larger, better detail and design IMHO.

I still think 2 is a great game to play MP, but I prefer 3.

---end transmission---!!! wink.gif

leo5111

• Archived User
Cod2 To Cod3 Comparison
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »

i like the single player but as far as multiplayer...  cod2 = http://www.thegoldpa...arious_gold.jpg   cod3 = http://home.jspengui...gs/dog_crap.jpg       tongue.gif

OFD

• Archived User
Cod2 To Cod3 Comparison
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

^ ROFL

2poor

• Archived User
Cod2 To Cod3 Comparison
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »

COD2 was fun, yes, but I personally like COD3 much better.  I think it helps that I played COD2: Big Red One online on my Xbox, and COD3 is similar to that.

I think the maps are far superior (especially the 6 new ones), and I like the fact that strategy is really a key element in winning.  COD3 is all about flanking and I'm good at flanking.   biggrin.gif

In short, thanks for COD2, but COD3 is here to stay!  Did anyone really just want a carbon copy of COD2 with different maps?  I sure didn't.