xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Multiplayer Connection Patch Is Here  (Read 318 times)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Multiplayer Connection Patch Is Here
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

sweet it is about time, suck though I just sold it.

sunnyxwala

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

mad.gif still doesnt work for me, just keeps saying "no matches found"....all my settings are correct, and nat is open....is this happening to other people as well?

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »

The patch seems to be working well for me. During the small amount of time that I have played it since the patch came out I haven't been finding near as many glitches.  The fix for the brightness is a great help too, finally no more having to change the brightness every time I start the game!  I read an article about the patch from Gamespot (link) I'm glad that they finally patched this game, I'll probably play it a lot more once the new wears off of Rainbow Six (if it ever does...I'm a HUGE fan)

OFD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »

After getting the patch and testing it extensively tongue.gif  I still think there's a lot of work to be done on MP...  The main problems seem to be in the Ranked Matches only.  These are; Games drop everyone out before starting (sometimes a half dozen times in a row!), and not being able to locate quick matches (especially) and sometimes custom matches.

I do think it's a bit lame that the Axis weapons are such a disadvantage... the Allies Heavy Assault is more accurate than the Axis Scout over distance...  That should be addressed for MP.

Hopefully someone at Treyarch is watching, reading, taking notes and most importantly creating an update!

My only other gripe is that people keep killing me.... z;)-~

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:57:00 AM »

I find my self better with the axis weapons. Once you get your skill/accuracy up you'll find that with precise aiming they pack more of a punch.

OFD

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »

... as well, the Allied .50 cal is far more accurate than the Axis Support gun...

I wasn't aware that your abilities increased with your skill ranking... is it a set increase depending on you skill rating, or does it depend on achievements, or both?!  I prolly shoulda read the booklet before asking that (RTFM... I know!).

I agree with you mianus about the shotguns... although a point blank shot will kill sometimes, you need to be close, and risk being melee'd (sometimes it's easier to just melee them yourself!)!