xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Patch.....  (Read 285 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Patch.....
« on: December 18, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

Just curious if any have heard anything about a CoD3 patch/update?

Seems that the devs don't give a crap about their game.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Patch.....
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

i agree, mutliplayer is so much fun when it works... what a bunch of jerks  sleep.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Patch.....
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

This game needs it to, I already beat it and if there isn't going to be a patch it is not worth keeping. Oh well, on to vegas tongue.gif

edit: 200 posts YAAAAY!!

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Patch.....
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Dec 19 2006, 11:28 AM) View Post

i agree, mutliplayer is so much fun when it works... what a bunch of jerks  sleep.gif

Jerks...damn right for $60! tongue.gif

WOuld be nice for the devs to at least let us know that they are still alive.  GoW has had how many updates now?  That's my point.

tommiwan

• Archived User
Patch.....
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

An article just came across my reader, I think it was from teamxbox.  The short of it said that a patch was announced as well as two rounds of multiplayer map packs.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Patch.....
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

Yep; the patch is out and it fixed the non-saving issue of the user setting, it also allowed for the screen brightness setting to carry over to MP.  Awesome!

And while it made MP more enjoyable for those of use who have CRT HDTV's (the game is not too dark anymore), the MP still blows imo.  The SP is top notch, though.  SP is just more polished then the MP, and more fun.  I do love the better melee (animation and functionality), and rag-doll physics when you melee or gernade the enemy in CoD3.

Also comparing it to CoD2's graphics, it is very apparent that the game is running in a 3rd less of the resolution then CoD2's true 720p.  The textures are very good and all in CoD3, but the resolution is noticeably less textures.  Everything is just comparatively more 'dull'.