xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Assault Rifle Achievement  (Read 249 times)

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Assault Rifle Achievement
« on: November 12, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

Title pretty much says it all. I've tried a few times to get this achievement using the BAR and the MP40 and the M1 seeing as its a rifle used for assaulting. I run around just meleeing people till I get a gun. So which guns do they consider assault rifles? I know that the MP44 is the only gun that the game says assault rifle in its description, and that fine, but I cant for the life of me remember what level its used on so i can pick one up anybody know?

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

I would think that the MP44, MP40, M1A1 Thompson, and BAR should be assault rifles.  The M1 Garand is not an assault rifle, it's a semi automatic rifle.

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

You can't melee your enemies at all. On some missions you start with an automatic weapon. One I remember is the Thompson and another is (I think) the MP40. Use those weapons only as soon as you start the mission.

mike_jacko

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 10:33:00 AM »

All the machine guns.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys I got it with the MP44, on one of the canadian missions. now the only offline achievement i need to get is the veteran one. we'll see how that one goes. smile.gif thanks again everyone

mianus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

I tried the first level using only a thompson and mp40 (ran out of thompson ammo) and it didn't work.  My guess is it was either battling the one guy hand to hand way (the one that comes around the corner and you have to hit lt rt) or maybe the tank scouting?

Does the m1 count for rifle?