xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gameplay Glitches  (Read 709 times)

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« on: November 10, 2006, 08:26:00 AM »

I love CoD3, I think it's an awesome game, but there are some pretty major glitches in it that need to be patched.  On the mission where Frank (the Sgt.) dies in the American campaine, when you are supposed to cover Huxley as he goes to blow up the tank I had to restart from a checkpoint because he got freaking stuck on a doorframe and wouldn't move over 6 inches to go through.  I shot him, naded him, everything and he wouldn't move.  Restarting from checkpoint was the only way to fix it.  The next one, I can't remember which mission this happened on...but it was one of the first 3 where you end up the mission beside an 88 that you have taken over and one of the characters says something like "No thank, I just wanna watch the show" or something to that effect.  Anyway, the glitch happened 2 times (both times I restarted from checkpoint to try and fix it) when I got to the house where you have to jump out the hole in the wall down to where the friendly tank is sitting, the objective wouldn't complete and none of my troops would follow.  The first time I just went through the rest of the mission and killed everyone by myself, but it wouldn't complete because my stupid team mates were still at that house.  Those are the 2 biggest glitches I've found.

Other annoying aspects that take away from the overall experience of the game are the randomly appearing characters (especially when an objective completes, sometimes characters will randomly spawn around you), the AI is alright, but sometimes they get annoying.  Often I will run to cover and one of my stupid friends will try to take cover at the same spot, pushing me out into the open resulting in me dieing.  This gets very annoying.  My teammates also tend to stop in the middle of a narrow passage, shooting very unaccurately at someone for several minutes while I try to get around them.  The german AI seems pretty good, I read about another person who said they were taking cover behind invisible walls, I haven't seen that for myself, but sometimes they take cover behind very small objects that make them easy targets.

Oh and another thing, has anyone else had problems with the brightness?  When I first started the game it was waaaayyy too dark, so I adjusted the brightness.  It said that it saved my changes, but every time I start the game the first thing I have to do is set the brightness again.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It's not my TV I don't believe because every other game I own looks great on it without adjusting any brightness settings or anything.

I really like this game and love playing it, but sometimes it just gets on my nerves that the development team didn't fix these obvious glitches.  Someone apparently did a crappy job of testing.  They need to put out a patch ASAP to fix these problems.

photoman

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

I've only played Multi-player with friends so far, but an issue I am having is the entire thing freezing after game 4 or 5. total lock-up and have to shut down and reboot my 360. That and people get dropped from the game, but they never get dropped when we play other games.

My 360 is stock with hard drive. That's my complaints so far.

Brightness isn't an issue on mine, I am playing on a Dell 26" LCD widescreen and can see everything. My brother-in-law though has a projector and on the night levels, in multi-player, he has a really hard time seeing.

*EDIT* Just remebered one other thing that bothers me. When I am walking or running in MP, sometimes my rifle turns white and doesn't re-draw. That pisses me off.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Yeah, an update to my glitches encountered list would be the whole getting stuck on small objects thing.  I played through chapters 8 and 9 earlier today and was killed a few times because I couldn't walk over a small piece of wood or rock laying on the ground.

TUUK

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

Yeah, the more I play it the more problems I see. Some bad programming, some bad design. What's the deal with telling me 'objectives updates' and making me press back so see what I have to do next instead of displaying it on screen? It tells me what objective I've just completed on screen, which is useless. I know what objective I've just done, I want to know what to do next without pressing a button.
  I've also seen the AI have firefights from about 3 feet away which is just laughable. It looks like something from Police Squad. Two AI guys just a couple of feet away and not able to hit each other. I have to push by and take out the enemy guy. I won't start on what the friendly AI getting in my way and taking cover next to me forcing me into the line of fire is doing to me. It's frustrating as hell to me.
  At least the multiplayer is going okay so far. The sooner I finish the single player and get it over with, the better.

TUUK

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »

Yeah, after my previous post I went home and played, on that mission where you have to rescue the 3 frenchmen there were several of those 3 feet away firefights.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

all of the floating world objects drive me crazy, crates and flak 88 shells, rifles and boards, all just magically floating around the world, ALL OVER THE PLACE@!

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »

Does anyone have a contact at Activision or Treyarch?  Maybe we could submit a detailed list of the glitches and see if they will patch them.

d4nk

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

I got stuck once in the house where you have to jump through the burning hole in the floor, couldn't move and had to restart the checkpoint. What bothers me more is is how occasionally enemy bullets pass through objects and walls, makes it tough.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »

There are some wierd glitches in multiplayer when you kill someone, sometimes their body flies way up in the air or flips around on the ground a lot.

savagepoop

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

not sure if its mentioned above cause i didnt read all posts. but im mp u can stand right up against a tree and it allows u to see through it also u can shoot through it

shotgunGoBoom!

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

mad.gif yeah dude i found 2 glitches on the first british level where you first meet isabelle. one is the first time i was drivin and got to my destination, while i was crossin the gate with the two dudes in white shirts, i didnt see ground iwas driving by the nighttime sky!! what is that? the other ones about the way guys die weird in the same mission 2day i was destroyin the first 88 and i killed the last german and he was still standin up while he was ded!!!    O and i thought of one more glitch. when planting charges, u can't get killed!WTF?!? mad.gif

shotgunGoBoom!

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »

i HATE german spawnpoints in this game!! grr.gif its jus like big red one. they keep on comin and comin until you move close enough to them. not so easy to do on hard. also like in big red one, sumtimes you can kill ur own guys by meleein right by em if they aren't main characters. AND when you mellee germans in both games, they fly backwards. um, i don't know about you, but i don't think someone would go flying if you hit them with the butt of ur gun.

BeatX

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »

The game has started freezing often for me, its getting pretty frigging annoying tbh.

acsutton

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

Hey guys, I found a cool one.  In the firstl level, I believe that it's right after you exit the cafe or some other building.  There is a small wall outside, and Germans are in a building that you have to cross a street to get to.  Anyways, I was moving to the right interior of the building, Tommy gun blazing, when I suddenly fell through the floor and fell a thousand feet to my death watching the map from below.

Heet

• Archived User
Gameplay Glitches
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

I played the first three levels and sold it.  Whats up with the 2D smoke?
Pages: [1] 2 3