xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: World War Ii Again?  (Read 265 times)

MC2829

• Archived User
World War Ii Again?
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

Call of Duty type games are fun and all, but I'm starting to get sick of all these WWII Games. It's getting repetative. Move on to different wars? Possibly even a future war, like WWIII. I hope COD3 is the last WWII Game :-/

sidewinder33

• Archived User
World War Ii Again?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »

I don't think they are going to do that. WWII was the "good" war very defined good and bad guys, somewhat modern weapons, I'm surprised they haven't made a game with the pacific theater as the area of operation. Il the marines vs the Japanese. I might be wrong but i don't recall seeing any games there. Hell maybe they will make a game that you can play either side on. Just not the allies. Im not a fan of the Nazi's but it adds more to the game if you can choose which side you want to be on.

MrBones

• Archived User
World War Ii Again?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Sep 2 2006, 03:15 AM) View Post

I don't think they are going to do that. WWII was the "good" war very defined good and bad guys, somewhat modern weapons, I'm surprised they haven't made a game with the pacific theater as the area of operation. Il the marines vs the Japanese. I might be wrong but i don't recall seeing any games there. Hell maybe they will make a game that you can play either side on. Just not the allies. Im not a fan of the Nazi's but it adds more to the game if you can choose which side you want to be on.

I'm sure it would be great to play as Axis, but how much fun would it be knowing you're gonna lose at the end?

sidewinder33

• Archived User
World War Ii Again?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

For almost 4 years the germans were damn near undefeated. until the allied assault. thats a lot of time to pick battles from. Hell maybe there could be a bit of fiction to it. about what would have happened if this battle was won and so on, or your platoon, troop, squad (don't know what germans call it) never loses, but the germans as a whole eventually lose. You still fight just the same. win or lose.

~jeff~

• Archived User
World War Ii Again?
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

I agree. i think WWII is getting just a little but overdone, i think that there should be a Call of Duty, vietman, or pearl harbor, or some other war that brings something fresh into the mix.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
World War Ii Again?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(PONG/GEEZER @ Sep 15 2006, 12:56 PM) View Post

I seem to remember one of the original xbox games having a Pacific campaign theme if I'm not mistaken. It would be nice to see one on the 360 though.

The really wierd thing is my roommate and I were cleaning our house and we found that game. Neither of us know how it got here though  blink.gif

Oh I just remembered there was a vietnam game. It was ok,