xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burnout Revenge On Xbox Live  (Read 645 times)

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On Xbox Live
« on: March 27, 2006, 04:36:00 AM »

I have a problem with Burnout Revenge (for xbox 360) on Xbox Live. About 2/3 of all times I try to join a game, it says that I have to check my network setting or I couldn't connect to other players. This is the only game I have problems with on xbox live. But in the begin the game asked me if I wanted to transfer my xbox live data to electronics arts server. So could this be problem at EA, or do I have to forward port on my router for the EA server?

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Avenger 2.0 @ Mar 27 2006, 06:07 AM) View Post
But in the begin the game asked me if I wanted to transfer my xbox live data to electronics arts server.
Yeah, unfortunately, you have to confirm that you want to create an EA account. Make sure you read the options carefully, though, because the next question they ask you is if you would like to be added to their mailing list or something, and they give you backwards options for answering. Example: A = cancel; B = confirm. If you accidentally press B because you're used to pressing B to cancel, then they'll probably bombard your email/mailbox with tons of EA BS.

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

I did confirm that and I can play games online. But about 2/3 of them I can't join (it says something is wrong with my network settings). Maybe they require me to open a port on my router? But I can't find any info on that. It's only on burnout revenge, other games work perfect on live.

This post has been edited by Avenger 2.0: Mar 27 2006, 01:12 PM

Mike46669

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »

BUMP

Im having the same problem as well.

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

they ask you is if you would like to be added to their mailing list or something, and they give you backwards options for answering. Example: A = cancel; B = confirm.

after i fell for this i realised how much of a bunch of bastards EA really is..
"hey i know lets reverse the standard through out the game on this one question, so that  they "accidently" agree to our spam!"

its like a spoiled kid telling you  that you have to be his friend or somthing...

EA is a F@cking shady bastard of a company things like this make me hate their games and not want to buy them  anymore.
EA should just make their own console with ads ,repetitive game play and spam.

oh yeah i also have had trouble conecting to the "EA live" servers

This post has been edited by crobar: Mar 27 2006, 11:35 PM