xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burnout Revenge...  (Read 862 times)

BigDaddySlappy

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

I figured everyone would be pumped up for GRAW but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Burnout.
Anyone have it? If so, how is it?  I'm thinking of picking it up but I'm wondering how the graphics have been tuned up from the XBOX/PS2 Versions.  I am a bit worried that it will just be mildly touched up much like alot of the sports titles that we're out at launch we're.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »

mathias

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 04:59:00 AM »

I got this and graw... played more burnout last night... its just amazing... best xbox 360 game out smile.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

I'm planning on getting it but none of my local stores have it yet  sad.gif

if I can't get it by this weekend I'll just forget about it until I can play through a few of the other games I already own.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

currently "shipping" in my gamefly Q.. should have it next week.. cant wait.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

Bought it and GRAW yesterday but still havent opened it(playing too much GRAW!). I also have it coming from Gamefly today so im gonna wait to play theres before i open mine!

thomes08

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

been playin it for a few hours now and had the xbox version.  It's great especially with live. The sound is so awesome as well as the visuals.  Get it! fun game

justin_k

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

I got it on wednesday, it's pretty good, there is some slowdown which I found quite surprising.  Most of the time it stays at 60 FPS but if you are doing traffic attack or have alot of shit on the screen it will stutter slightly, I don't remember this being in the xbox version.  Also, at the conclusion of a crash mode scene when its showing your rank and whatnot(stars + medal), it seems like the GUI menus are going at 1/4 speed, after a regular event the speed is fine.  These are minor gripes tho, game is awesome.  Put it a few marathon sessions and finished all 169/169 golds + elite rank on all singleplayer missions, gonna try out multiplayer tonight.  Add me if you want a friendly game.

This post has been edited by justin_k: Mar 11 2006, 06:42 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(justin_k @ Mar 11 2006, 12:12 AM) View Post

Put it a few marathon sessions and finished all 169/169 golds + elite rank on all singleplayer missions

DAMN kid... mad props for having the game 3 days... seriously... damn.

justin_k

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 01:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Mar 11 2006, 06:17 AM) *

DAMN kid... mad props for having the game 3 days... seriously... damn.

I just really love the burnout series.  I havn't been able to play my xbox at all since the semester started in January, I think the only time I turned it on was to show my friend Condemned and to download the Full Auto demo.  Had a light homework week so I decided to get GRAW and Burnout and play some 360.

Tito2k6

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

I picked up GRAW and Burnout.  So far it's a blast.  The only thing I don't like is that it's too dark.  Even when I jack up my TV settings.  I running in 1080i on a 56inch HDTV.  

Has anyone else noticed the darkness issue? uhh.gif

Also, one little gripe.  This super bright daylight shine thing is getting old fast.  Need for Speed uses it, Burnout uses it, and GRAW uses it too.  I think some developers think the effect makes the game look more realistic.  I think it's annoying, and washes out the details.  I mean it looks realistic if you just woke up and ran outside looked at the sun for ten seconds and then tried to drive a car. blink.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

I agree. Dynamic Range lighting (bloom effect to the max when going from dark to bright) is so exxagerated that, instead of looking natural, it looks as if you are viewing the game through a camera with a wide iris. My eyes don't get blinded when I walk outside, but my camera does. Sure, our eyes adapt to light, but even when it's bright - we don't notice it as exxagerated as it in in these games. Sure, the light may be really bright when we walk outside, but it just doesn't act right. When you are inside and you walk outside, the lighting difference isn't all that noticeable. With a camera, however, it is. They say the dynamic range lighting is meant to mimick the human eyes iris, but it looks nothing more than a cameras iris. PGR3 has the worst dynamic range lighting in the 'garage' mode. Ugh.

Then again, FOV (field of vision) still isn't being done right in games (if done at all), and it's one of the most important aspects of our human eyes that is overlooked when designing a game. Oh well.
Take my word - when they implement it, it'll work like a video camera's lens, not our eyes focusing onto a certain point.

end rant

This post has been edited by Carlo210: Mar 11 2006, 09:54 PM

Tito2k6

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Mar 11 2006, 09:17 PM) View Post

I agree. Dynamic Range lighting (bloom effect to the max when going from dark to bright) is so exxagerated that, instead of looking natural, it looks as if you are viewing the game through a camera with a wide iris. My eyes don't get blinded when I walk outside, but my camera does. Sure, our eyes adapt to light, but even when it's bright - we don't notice it as exxagerated as it in in these games. Sure, the light may be really bright when we walk outside, but it just doesn't act right. When you are inside and you walk outside, the lighting difference isn't all that noticeable.

It's exaggerated so much that it's like when someone turns a light on in a room when you were sleeping.  It really sucks because it takes away from the detail in the game.  I truly don't understand how in the hell these developers can think it looks cool. blink.gif

themadman123

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

I've got both G.R.A.W. and Burnout Revenge. Both are great games. I can't wait to spend some quality time with them. biggrin.gif

VariableElite

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge...
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tito2k6 @ Mar 11 2006, 04:01 PM) View Post

It's exaggerated so much that it's like when someone turns a light on in a room when you were sleeping.  It really sucks because it takes away from the detail in the game.  I truly don't understand how in the hell these developers can think it looks cool. blink.gif

It's the equivalent of the Bevel and Emboss or Outer Glow effects to noobs of Photoshop. Once they get the hang of it, they'll realize how to use it effectively, instead of sticking it everywhere possible.
Pages: [1] 2