xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burnout 360 Trailer  (Read 531 times)

richie579

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« on: February 27, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

for those that need to know anyway.

Edit: along with a theme and gamer pics, so says Major Nelson.

This post has been edited by richie579: Feb 28 2006, 01:32 AM

penguin318

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »

sweet gonna grab it now  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

edit* cannot wait for this game now, march 7 for anyone who did not know

This post has been edited by penguin318: Feb 28 2006, 02:39 AM

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

yup me too thx

dgrams2003

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

Hmmm.. Looks nice.
I dont know if I will want to buy it since I have it on XBox tho....
Looks like the best addition will be online play (which I LUV!)

I wonder if they did away with the 'reverse flying camera' at the crash
junction points?  When you have a long crash junction, and you have to go
back to the start, who really cares what the track looks like EVERY time you have
to go back to the start?  Or at least make it so that you can hit a button to skip
the playback.  That was my only gripe about REVENGE on Xbox.  Otherwise
I love it.

MadEx

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

Looks horrible if you ask me, graphic wise and if that's not enough there's a few parts where framerate drops are noticable.

And knowing EA it'll be full of ads and cost me $60... NO THANKS!

webslinginwr22

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

WTF is wrong with all you idiots against advertising? uhh.gif  think about it. No advertising = no $$$. No $$$ = no new good games. no new good games = new crappy games. and new crappy games = you people b!tching about how there are no good games out for the 360.

anyways, I have to go check out that trailer. although i dont think i'll buy it since i have it on xbox. but we'll have to wait and see.

MadEx

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

All this time without ads in games we had crappy games? Right... your logic is unprecedented.

But I'm the idiot...  laugh.gif

esc1

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

Yea, I don't think in game ads are holding the industry together.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(webslinginwr22 @ Feb 28 2006, 12:13 AM) *
No advertising = no $$$. No $$$ = no new good games. no new good games = new crappy games. and new crappy games = you people b!tching about how there are no good games out for the 360.
That's a terrible argument because it can be so easily disproved: Jade Empire and Fable have no in-game ads. Barring Fable's shortness, both games are excellent.

They're supposed to help lessen the financial burden, but some companies don't put forth the effort into making games great even with the aid of in-game ads.

This post has been edited by metaldevil: Feb 28 2006, 01:09 PM

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Feb 28 2006, 06:38 AM) View Post

That's a terrible argument because it can be so easily disproved: Jade Empire and Fable have no in-game ads. Barring Fable's shortness, both games are excellent.

They're supposed to help lessen the financial burden, but some companies don't put forth the effort into making games great even with the aid of in-game ads.

exactly... if Bethesda can make Oblivion with no Ads and Infinity Ward can make COD2 with no adds then certainly EA (the largest independent game company) can manage to make a game without needing to further line their pockets with ad money.

We don't even know if the game will have ads in it because it's not out yet.

I'll probably be picking it up, I love the burnout series and I held off buying the Xbox 1 version waiting for this one. If the only difference is 720p, that's good enough for me (and well worth the extra $10). beerchug.gif

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

I just sold my Xbox 1 version on ebay so I'm primed for the 360 version.  The live functionality is the real draw point for me.  HD helps, but the real kicker will be the return of the tanker trucks!!  muhaha.gif

And in regards to ingame ads... get used to them.  A study was done that found in-game ads are 3 times more likely to be remembered than in-movie product placement.  I think it's just starting...

Besides, it's a racing game... who cares about ads?  You're either whipping by the signs at 60fps or they are on the cars, in which case noone bitches about Nascar and F1 sponsors.

dgrams2003

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

......forget it (post erased)
I'm tired of talking about advertising in games.  Get over it.

This post has been edited by dgrams2003: Feb 28 2006, 09:59 PM

Lizard King

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

Ads don't make or break a game for me, unless they are just plain obnoxious.

There will be ads in B:R 360. These ads will be in the form of cars paint jobs, Billboards and other scenery. Gibson and Carl's Jr.  (can't remember any others, and with the hours I've played, that means it must not have been good product placement) were in B:R and I expect we will see them in this version as well. And you know whaty? I don't mind them. I love the Carl's JR. truck in the game. We don't have Carl's Jr. here, but when I went of town curiosity got the best of me (that's good product placement).

When games start having actual commercials in them...that's when I revolt. My wife hates going to the movies anymore - If a Pepsi commercial comes on in the previews, we are out of the theater. I PAID for the movie, and hell, I probably paid AS MUCH for my Pepsi. I may get my money back for the movie, but unfortunately not the drink.

Here's my theory: If ticket price isn't enough to subsidise the movie, then the movie sucks.

Guess what? It rings pretty true.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Feb 28 2006, 07:31 PM) View Post

Ads don't make or break a game for me, unless they are just plain obnoxious.

There will be ads in B:R 360. These ads will be in the form of cars paint jobs, Billboards and other scenery. Gibson and Carl's Jr.  (can't remember any others, and with the hours I've played, that means it must not have been good product placement) were in B:R and I expect we will see them in this version as well. And you know whaty? I don't mind them. I love the Carl's JR. truck in the game. We don't have Carl's Jr. here, but when I went of town curiosity got the best of me (that's good product placement).

When games start having actual commercials in them...that's when I revolt. My wife hates going to the movies anymore - If a Pepsi commercial comes on in the previews, we are out of the theater. I PAID for the movie, and hell, I probably paid AS MUCH for my Pepsi. I may get my money back for the movie, but unfortunately not the drink.

Here's my theory: If ticket price isn't enough to subsidise the movie, then the movie sucks.

Guess what? It rings pretty true.

You, sir, seserve a cookie, pie, or some sweet-meats.  I couldn't agree more.  I didn't mind the advertising in Burnout 3.  It wasn't intrusive at all, and actually ADDED to the realism of the game (I'm talking about the billboards).  Some games go better with advertsing, like when they are set in realistic environments.  This way developers get money and WE get more realism.  As long as they don't intrude upon, impede, or cheese-up my gameplay then bring them on.
As for the trailer, I wasn't too impressed.  The graphics didn't look too much better, and I HATE how you can just slam into a car in front of you and not crash.  It takes a lot of the skill out of the game.  I think 3 wash much better than Revenge (at least the Revenge demo I played).  Sure the maps aren't as linear, but how can you crash into a Civilian car and just push it ahead?  Shouldn't you have to DODGE them?
/rant

dgrams2003

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Trailer
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lizard King @ Mar 1 2006, 01:31 AM) View Post

If a Pepsi commercial comes on in the previews, we are out of the theater.

Come on.  Really?  A good percentage of the theatres all across the country show ads now.
You cant get away from them.  You are telling us that if you really are pumped for a movie, and
they show a Pepsi ad, that you leave the movie?  Hard to really believe, but if you do.. good for you.
Pages: [1] 2