xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alex Ward/burnout 360 Interview...  (Read 450 times)

mikedavis2838

• Archived User
Alex Ward/burnout 360 Interview...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

i wish the final burnout was a remake of the orginal. pure racing and avoiding traffic. none of the stupid traffic check crap. it was so much more fun blocking other people than forcing them into things. I think that would be the best finale to the series. rather than add something new that isnt done right, just make the things that the earlier ones were about and make them perfect.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

In the defense of renderware it has given especially the PS2 some amazing stuff, but equally being a popular development middleware there are more sloppy developers than talented ones.

The burnout series is some amazing graphics and physics on both ps2 and xbox1 considering its a solid 60fps all the time. Games like GTA series overstretch the engine and you can see its just a game bolted loosely onto an engine never meant for such abuse, but it still manages to be the biggest selling franchise of last gen.

GTA3 remains perhaps the most next-gen game of last gen, and Renderware can pin that medal to their chest with pride.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

May I ask how GTA 3 was next gen of last gen?

spIdeZ

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

Ummm EA didn't buy Ubisoft...

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(spIdeZ @ Feb 3 2006, 06:01 PM) View Post

Ummm EA didn't buy Ubisoft...

who said they did?

EDIT....

Oops, Rubix did.

Rubix, they did not buy them, I didnt say they did. Just a matter of time I fear  sad.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »

Thanx for the info Def and Joergen!

*Removes Criterion from the jack a$$ shelf and places Billy Berghammer from Game Informer in its place*

What can you say? Kojima started feeling lonely tongue.gif

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 3 2006, 11:28 PM) View Post

May I ask how GTA 3 was next gen of last gen?

The only reason I bought the PS2.

It was revolutionary in so many ways. It took a game like Carmageddon2 (3D, great physics and destruction) or Driver (3d, not so great physics), and combined it with GTA2 (get out of your car, shoot and do various missions onfoot).

No other game before it had done that. Plus it did the impossible on the PS2 in streaming on-the fly (which the bandwidth etc on the ps2 wasnt meant for, or so they said). Without constant streaming it wouldhave been one street - load screen - other street - loadscreen etc.

Sure it had somewhat tacky controls and sure it could be done better, in fact the Driver3 engine on the PS2 is in many ways better and more sophisticated (hard shadows, better physics), and in more ways far worse, but that game came years later as a ripoff of the GTA3 pioneered "genre".

I just dont see any other game being that revolutionary on the PS2. And unless Rockstar (DMA) comes up with something really special for next generation, we wont be seeing such a leap, and it will be more Saints Row esque next-gen.

What they could do with a massively multiplayer GTA game is food for thought. Like players joining rival gangs, the police force, the fire fighters and ambulance crews. A living crime-filled city balanced out by AI and real players.
Pages: 1 [2]