xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burnout Revenge - March 7th  (Read 467 times)

revs

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge - March 7th
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

January 31st, 2006 (8:42pm) - Electronic Arts has revealed that Burnout Revenge for the Xbox 360 will crash onto retail shelves for the nationwide on March 7, 2006. Until then, gamers can visit their favorite video game retailer (including Best Buy, GameStop, WalMart, Target, GameCrazy, Circuit City and Best Buy) for a free Burnout Revenge download – including an exclusive Xbox 360 car, dashboard theme and gamer pic. Gamers simply need to bring their memory card to the retailer, insert their memory card in the Xbox 360 kiosk, go to the Burnout Revenge blade and click the button to download their car, theme and pic.

LINK

Wonder when it comes to the UK. I love burnout, i put of PGR3 and RidgeRacer and others, been waiting for burnout

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

Another installation if uninteresting and uninspired BS. All heil the king of rubberband racers, now upscaled to 720p glory.

Can't wait for the Burnout 3.5!

This post has been edited by jizmo: Feb 1 2006, 05:24 PM

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

Ahhh, don't poo-poo it too much.  There is a place in this world for the Burnout series.  They are fun, just realize what they are when you get'em.
It's fun for someone like me, for example, to play head-to-head with my dad...a fifty-something cop who can't play competitively in most games.  The crash and bash style of the Burnout games are always fun for us when he comes into town.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Feb 1 2006, 10:53 AM) View Post

Another installation if uninteresting and uninspired BS. All heil the king of rubberband racers, now upscaled to 720p glory.

Can't wait for the Burnout 3.5!
I'll just assume that you are one of the many people who prefer sim racers to arcade racers.  PRG3 your favorite?  Or is it Gran Turismo?  Forza maybe?  Guess what, Burnout isn't like them.  Burnout is meant to be fast, fun and entertaining.  It's not "real" in the traditional racing sense.  If you don't like the "rubberband" racing, stick to simulations... and stop crapping on a game just because you don't like the genre.  I hate sims and RPG's, but I don't crap on those games' threads.  

I'm pumped about this game even if I do own the Xbox1 version.  More of an already great formula!  I just hope they got rid of the Traffic Checking... very lame.  I think I'm looking forward to the Live aspects the most.  Save & Share has been at the top of my want list for years, since Burnout 1.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

I like both arcade and sim racers. Like I've said before, fun is fun. It just sucks when graphics outweigh gameplay (e.g., Auto Modellista). I'd love to see the Rollcage series reincarnated on the 360. Those games were racing heaven for me.

I initially misread that article. I thought those stores would put the demo for BOR on your 360. I guess it's kinda cool to get a free car, but I'm not going to buy a memory card for it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by metaldevil: Feb 1 2006, 06:29 PM

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

We still play Burnout 2:PI's crash mode to this date, it's definitely one of the most entertaining party games ever. Down to earth, honest crashing without annoying soundtracks, radio stations and collectable extras. And don't we all know how they screwed up all that in the sequels.

Burnout series is the perfect example what happens when they let marketing to meddle with game design - all they can come up with is to chew everything from MTV and crap it on top of the game. You know, to make it more 'hip' to the youth. I'm actually a bit surpised this latest installation isn't called Burnout Xtreme.

Worst part? They're actually selling the series more than ever. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by jizmo: Feb 1 2006, 07:38 PM

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 11:39:00 AM »

i agree...still at the core burnout is still the same fun game.
once EA gets their hands in anything it magicly turns to poop...
still the series has fun enough game play to last this long within EAs evil grasp

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Feb 1 2006, 01:06 PM) *
I'm actually a bit surpised this latest installation isn't called Burnout Xtreme.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Don't count your chickens... I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the title to the next sequel.

EA's slogan could be: It's so extreme, we forgot an "e".

I'm glad you can still crash. That was always BO's saving grace.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

as much as i love burnout, i got revenge thinking it was going to be better than BO3. i got about 50% through it, for some reason it lost its grab on me. Some aspect needs to be reinvented or something, otherwise its kind of like re-releasing a re-release to me

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Feb 1 2006, 01:06 PM) View Post

We still play Burnout 2:PI's crash mode to this date, it's definitely one of the most entertaining party games ever. Down to earth, honest crashing without annoying soundtracks, radio stations and collectable extras. And don't we all know how they screwed up all that in the sequels.

Burnout series is the perfect example what happens when they let marketing to meddle with game design - all they can come up with is to chew everything from MTV and crap it on top of the game. You know, to make it more 'hip' to the youth. I'm actually a bit surpised this latest installation isn't called Burnout Xtreme.

Worst part? They're actually selling the series more than ever. dry.gif
Then in that case, we agree.  beerchug.gif  I STILL play Point of Impact's crash mode as it is far and wide the best.  

My biggest fault with Burnout (post EA aquisition) is the MTV-ism.  Pop-Punk music and the like drive me nuts.  Thank God Almighty for Custom Playlists!  I've contacted Alex Ward numerous times in (vain) attempts to curb this nuttery.  I'd like to think of myself as proactive.  As for the selling more... that's because its a good game that has FINALLY gotten the reputation it deserves... not because EA has MTV-Shit on it.

Like Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, and the myriad of other games that have grown too "bigger-and-better", Burnout will fail sooner or later.  I just hope Criterion recognizes its faults and brings it back from the brink of failure.  And I feel that the team will have to look back to Burnout 2 for that inspiration... as they appear to be doing with Tomb Raider.  smile.gif

I also hope game companies take notice of the XBLA as a testament to the fact that gamers have an inherent nostalgia that fuels sales as well.

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Feb 1 2006, 09:33 PM) *

Then in that case, we agree.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)  I STILL play Point of Impact's crash mode as it is far and wide the best.  

I'll drink to that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

You know, normally I loathe the nostalgic self-righteus people who prefer the old version, and try to excel with some sorry old-school crap, but in the case of Burnout many people seem to share this same feeling.

Honestly, I wouldn't feel too bad if some Burnout 2 lovin' third party game developers decided to make their own clone of B2 in the same spirit. Just some down-to-earth crashing, with realistic damage and with some nice Havoc physics that x360 can offer.

As for Criterion, I don't thing they'll go back there ever again.

This post has been edited by jizmo: Feb 1 2006, 09:22 PM

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Feb 1 2006, 02:48 PM) View Post

You know, normally I loathe the nostalgic self-righteus people who prefer the old version, and try to excel with some sorry old-school crap, but in the case of Burnout many people seem to share this same feeling.

Honestly, I wouldn't feel too bad if some Burnout 2 lovin' third party game developers decided to make their own clone of B2 in the same spirit. Just some down-to-earth crashing, with realistic damage and with some nice Havoc physics that x360 can offer.

As for Criterion, I don't thing they'll go back there ever again.
Normally I'm one of those self-righteous nostalgic people because I think big publishers crap all over my childhood memories.  But I also welcome, with open arms, vast technological improvements.  Just because a new system can do 1000 independent NPC's doesn't mean the controls should suffer.  See what I mean?  Simplicity is the key... difficulty makes it fun.

metaldevil

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

It'd be icing on the cake if they made it so that the driver can shoot out of the windshield like in FlatOut. That game wasn't very good, but I could watch my driver take the beating of Evil Knievel's life for hours.  happy.gif

jzoz01

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

So is this just going to be the same game as on the xbox1 only with pumped up graphics?  Or will it have new cars / tracks?

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(jzoz01 @ Feb 1 2006, 03:47 PM) View Post

So is this just going to be the same game as on the xbox1 only with pumped up graphics?  Or will it have new cars / tracks?
Same game.  New tracks, new cars, new crash junctions and HD graphics.  Think of it as Burnout Revenge Reloaded.
Pages: [1] 2