xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burnout 360 Media?  (Read 514 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

Looks like its using the NFS:MW engine  blink.gif

if it "looks" anything like that pile when its finished, I'll pass.

enjoy...

http://www.xbox365.c...PudiLiL11281159

I don't care how good the gameplay is, that NFS game looks and smells like ass. The best gameplay in the world cant save a Burnout for me if it resembles NFS on 360.

muhaha.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

hey as long as it doesnt play like nfs  ph34r.gif

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 28 2005, 10:18 PM) View Post

Looks like its using the NFS:MW engine  blink.gif

if it "looks" anything like that pile when its finished, I'll pass.

enjoy...

http://www.xbox365.c...PudiLiL11281159

I don't care how good the gameplay is, that NFS game looks and smells like ass. The best gameplay in the world cant save a Burnout for me if it resembles NFS on 360.

muhaha.gif

A bit harsh on NFS:MW , it actually does play well if you give it a chance (which you probably did not from the sounds of it , as well as sounding like an EA basher who hates everything they do) .

As long as 360 Burnout remains true to the Burnout series then who cares what engine it uses , besides the fact that EA is not actually doing the game and Criterion is one amazing developer I would not be too quick to judge .

I mean no offense and only wanted to state that you are being a bit 'heavy handed' with your comments regardless of your opinion , which is certainly your right to have .

--DGP--

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

aw, i LOVE the current engine it looks perfect the way it is(REVENGE on xbox, ive put so many hours into that game, most since i got halo2)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 07:48:00 AM »

posted a topic with some picks a few days ago

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=464358

if these pics are the real thing then i dont think it looks half bad

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

Despite Deftech's unabashed hatred for EA and NFS... Why would Criterion use anything less then their own Renderware to drive this game?  This game has 4 months to go, so I have great faith in it... mostly because it's my favorite game.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(DaGamePimp @ Nov 28 2005, 06:30 PM) View Post

As long as 360 Burnout remains true to the Burnout series then who cares what engine it uses , besides the fact that EA is not actually doing the game and Criterion is one amazing developer I would not be too quick to judge .

Ummm, EA actually bought and owns Criterion, they are not just the publisher like some people think.

Also, Renderware is just a middleware, not the burnout engine. Renderware was developed to help with making cross-platform games and that is why EA bought it.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Nov 29 2005, 10:41 AM) View Post

Ummm, EA actually bought and owns Criterion, they are not just the publisher like some people think.

Also, Renderware is just a middleware, not the burnout engine. Renderware was developed to help with making cross-platform games and that is why EA bought it.
So, it's still the Criterion team doing the game... It's just like Activision buying Neversoft.  Neversoft still makes Tony Hawk games and Activision puts them out.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 29 2005, 09:52 AM) View Post

So, it's still the Criterion team doing the game... It's just like Activision buying Neversoft.  Neversoft still makes Tony Hawk games and Activision puts them out.

Right..............so is that why Burnout went down the drain after Burnout 2 which is when EA bought Criterion? Is that why the last two Burnouts were filled with EA Trax? EA is in control, not Criterion...............

Let me give you a nice scenario. Say you own a company that makes orange soda. It is the best tasting orange soda there is. Then, Pepsi comes along and buys you. Pepsi starts changing the ingredients (and there is nothing you can do about it since they own the full rights now) and soon it tastes just like their orange soda. So who is really making your orange soda now?

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Nov 29 2005, 11:13 AM) View Post

Right..............so is that why Burnout went down the drain after Burnout 2 which is when EA bought Criterion? Is that why the last two Burnouts were filled with EA Trax? EA is in control, not Criterion...............
I don't think Burnout "went down the drain" at all.  If anything, the game improved (with the exception of the music and Live glitches).  It's faster, looks better, and handles better.  The only huge imposition EA had was putting those adverts all over the in-game billboards for NFSU.  Perhaps the only negative I see with EA paying the bills is that they are rushing the series.  Revenge came out way too soon after Takedown.
Let me give you a nice scenario. Say you own a company that makes orange soda. It is the best tasting orange soda there is. Then, Pepsi comes along and buys you. Pepsi starts changing the ingredients (and there is nothing you can do about it since they own the full rights now) and soon it tastes just like their orange soda. So who is really making your orange soda now?
Then by your own example, it would behoove Pepsi to keep the ingredients the same to maximize profit; unless they are trying to destroy competition.  But that doesn't make good business sense if they just paid top dollar for the recipe.  Why ruin what you just paid to make money off of?

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 29 2005, 11:34 AM) View Post

Then by your own example, it would behoove Pepsi to keep the ingredients the same to maximize profit; unless they are trying to destroy competition.

Take note the words in bold. Isnt that why EA is buying most of the market wink.gif

But that doesn't make good business sense if they just paid top dollar for the recipe.  Why ruin what you just paid to make money off of?

Many of things in the business world are bought for the name, not whats behind the name. Take Fanta for example. The recipe that Coca-Cola uses is not the same as the original by Max Keith who invented fanta in 1940 in Germany.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Nov 29 2005, 01:00 PM) View Post

Take note the words in bold. Isnt that why EA is buying most of the market wink.gif

Many of things in the business world are bought for the name, not whats behind the name. Take Fanta for example. The recipe that Coca-Cola uses is not the same as the original by Max Keith who invented fanta in 1940 in Germany.
I won't dispute EA's intentions, as they are notorious for putting out lackluster recycled waste year after year.  But as long as Alex Ward is creative director and Paul Ross is executive producer, I feel safe knowing that Burnout is moving progressively.  

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 29 2005, 12:37 PM) View Post

I won't dispute EA's intentions, as they are notorious for putting out lackluster recycled waste year after year.  But as long as Alex Ward is creative director and Paul Ross is executive producer, I feel safe knowing that Burnout is moving progressively.

Then please explain the real difference between Burnout Takedown and Burnout revenge. To me, the games play the same and look the same. Revenge was more like a lackluster expansion pack, like EA always does year after year. The fun only lasted for about a week, the game was even easier than takedown.............how is that moving forward? I thought having a new challenge was moving forward, not taking the challenge away.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Nov 29 2005, 01:47 PM) View Post

Then please explain the real difference between Burnout Takedown and Burnout revenge. To me, the games play the same and look the same. Revenge was more like a lackluster expansion pack, like EA always does year after year. The fun only lasted for about a week, the game was even easier than takedown.............how is that moving forward? I thought having a new challenge was moving forward, not taking the challenge away.
The difference was the addition of Traffic Checking, Combatative raceways, and a revamped Crash Mode.  I feel that Traffic Checking should have been relegated to Traffic Attack and I have contacted Alex Ward regarding this.  I hope he has the good sense to leave Checking out of the races but in the crash mode.  I found Road Rage exponentially more fun this time around with the newly designed tracks.  Crash mode will never be as fun as Burnout 2, but the point is that they are acting progressively.  They are adding new things in an attempt to make it better and while you may not like the new additions, others might.  

I do believe the game was rushed at the behest of EA, but at the same time, how much further do you want a racing game to go at the end of the Xbox's life?  I feel they've wrung the system dry and I look forward to improvements on 360.  If you really want, I'll forward you the letter I wrote to Alex Ward with regards to my thoughts on improving the game.  It's only 6 pages long.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Burnout 360 Media?
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Nov 29 2005, 01:01 PM) View Post

The difference was the addition of Traffic Checking, Combatative raceways, and a revamped Crash Mode.

Like I said, things that are done with expansion packs.
They are adding new things in an attempt to make it better and while you may not like the new additions, others might.

They can add all the shit in the world but if the game doesnt present me a new challenge (not just new modes) they are not moving forward. This holds true for any game.
Pages: [1] 2