xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Burnout Revenge On 360?  (Read 950 times)

DjO

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »

now if they only add replay to watch the whole races that would be cool also instead of tell you just what your drift and oncoming were why not show you the track records at the end of each race instead of having to go into the options menu.  Other than that I can't wait for the new Burnout to come out!!!!!

whet1134

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(DjO @ Jun 9 2005, 03:26 AM)
now if they only add replay to watch the whole races that would be cool also instead of tell you just what your drift and oncoming were why not show you the track records at the end of each race instead of having to go into the options menu.  Other than that I can't wait for the new Burnout to come out!!!!!

Well, since PGR3 will have spectator mode for Live, I think it's an easy stretch to believe something similar would make the cut in Burnout.  The thing I REALLY REALLY want more than ANYTHING is the ability to save clips from my races/crashes and share them.  I always thought Burnout 2 had the better interface, but I'm hoping they mix in the strengths of all 3 titles into an incredible 4th title on 360.  I've been corresponding with Alex Ward at Criterion about certain features I'd like to see implemented, but we'll see how much gets thrown in during crunch time.

DjO

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

and a custom soundtrack would be cool

CattyKid

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »

Oh, I just hope that it's
desgined for XBox360 and
not a port.

If there truly is a God it won't be a port.

buuZERO

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(whet1134 @ Jun 9 2005, 08:34 AM)
Well, since PGR3 will have spectator mode for Live, I think it's an easy stretch to believe something similar would make the cut in Burnout.  The thing I REALLY REALLY want more than ANYTHING is the ability to save clips from my races/crashes and share them.  I always thought Burnout 2 had the better interface, but I'm hoping they mix in the strengths of all 3 titles into an incredible 4th title on 360.  I've been corresponding with Alex Ward at Criterion about certain features I'd like to see implemented, but we'll see how much gets thrown in during crunch time.

I TOTALLY  agree with you.  I was a huge fan of Burnout 2, and as awesome as Burnout 3 is, I really wished they would have kept a lot of the interface options from Burnout 2.  For one thing, where's the music in 2 player???  Also, they definitely need a system link option.  And holy crap, spectator mode would be sweet.  There's so much awesome stuff you end up pulling off, why in the HELL didn't they include the ability to save clips??? Seems like a no-brainer to me.  Hope they do it perfectly next time around.

MrBones

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

Since the Rush games were brought up, I wanna get points for jumps, and not just an airtime bonus.  I want a bonus for smashing head on into a truck and doing a 180 backflip into opposing traffic.

Speaking of the Rush games, does anybody know if the new one is gonna have the freestyle modes the N64 game had?  Those were sick...just a room full of ramps and plenty of space to build up max speed.

themadman123

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »

I'm kinda dissapointed from what I've seen of the new L.A. Rush.... I hope they didn't screw it up, the Rush Series is my favorite Racing series of all (with Burnout being a close second) but the memoires of doing about 500 flips in the first Rush after hitting a car in mid air when I was a kid on my 64 will always hold a place in my heart.

Heet

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 03:12:00 AM »

Im anticipating the arrival of this game more than PGR3.  The fun factor of it to me anyways, rivals any racer that has come out.

whet1134

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Jun 15 2005, 05:47 AM)
Im anticipating the arrival of this game more than PGR3.  The fun factor of it to me anyways, rivals any racer that has come out.

beerchug.gif to that!  

I'm nervous about LA Rush as well, themadman.  It looks to be going in the well-trodden direction of Midnight Club, NFSU, Juiced... etc.  Rush2049 on DC was the greatest game in the world (racing game to be specific) until Burnout 2 and 3 came out.  But I know Criterion won't ruin Burnout so long as Alex Ward is helming.  I just can't say the same for Rush.   sad.gif

jizmo

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »

I'm actually not so keen on the development on Burnout series lately. I was a huge fan of the second  Burnout, and we had many sessions of the crash mode. With a few beers along it was one of the funniest party games ever for Xbox.

And man, was I disappointed when I saw Burnout 3 for the first time. First of all the physics have been screwed up. Buses bend in a weird fashion and many cars are left shaking unnaturally after being hit. And the worst part? Those fucking bonuses and pickups.

Burnout 2's crash mode was all about finding the right angle and time and the right vehicle to crash onto. Now it was just about getting your car to slide far enough to get that 4x multiplier. Miss it and your points will suck, no matter how awesome the actual crash was. mad.gif

Plus that artificial detonation in the end, don't get me started on that one. rolleyes.gif

To me Burnout 3 was all about how a good thing can be destroyed by marketing putting in "cool features". The soundtrack and radio channels had the same kind of approach in them and they totally sucked ass too. Woo! Yeah! Cool, dude! Rock on!

/jizmo

whet1134

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Jun 15 2005, 10:02 AM)
I'm actually not so keen on the development on Burnout series lately. I was a huge fan of the second  Burnout, and we had many sessions of the crash mode. With a few beers along it was one of the funniest party games ever for Xbox.
beerchug.gif  Me and my friends too.  Lots of  beerchug.gif was drank in front of Burnout 2 crash mode.
And man, was I disappointed when I saw Burnout 3 for the first time. First of all the physics have been screwed up. Buses bend in a weird fashion and many cars are left shaking unnaturally after being hit. And the worst part? Those fucking bonuses and pickups.
Being fixed.  There was only so much Criterion could do regarding secondary car physics because EA wanted "more of everything" and they just ran out of time.  
Burnout 2's crash mode was all about finding the right angle and time and the right vehicle to crash onto. Now it was just about getting your car to slide far enough to get that 4x multiplier. Miss it and your points will suck, no matter how awesome the actual crash was. mad.gif
The bonuses are being removed.  It's all coming back down to the crash and not the icons.  I thought the crash mode in Burnout 2 was far superior even though I liked being able to control my wreck of a car.
Plus that artificial detonation in the end, don't get me started on that one. rolleyes.gif
Hmm, not gonna like Burnout Revenge then  sad.gif .  I like the crashbreaker, but that's because it brought explosions to even the most bland wrecks.  It's not there for reality.  Just fun.
To me Burnout 3 was all about how a good thing can be destroyed by marketing putting in "cool features". The soundtrack and radio channels had the same kind of approach in them and they totally sucked ass too. Woo! Yeah! Cool, dude! Rock on!

I agree with that!  Thank you EA for "influencing" such a cult game.  I hope with the success of Burnout 3, EA gives Criterion more breathing room.  We'll see though.  I like where Revenge is headed.   beerchug.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »

If the crash mode is more like Burnout 2, then I will like it. I could not stand the crash mode in Burnout 3. The main thing was not keeping top ten lists for scores. Second was the stupid shit that I am sure EA added like the heart, multipliers, etc. I found more enjoyment of just flying into an intersection and watching the mayhem begin.  biggrin.gif
So.....what I want is burnout 2 style crash mode and Burnout 3 style race mode. Otherwise EA can kiss my ass.

DjO

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

I hope they don't have that many crash modes and stick with mostly racing and road rage because the other modes are fun they just get really boring after awhile.

themadman123

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

I did like the crash mode in 3 but no where near burnout 2...that was priceless...I hope they go back to the roots of the game with this one.

MetalZoic

• Archived User
Burnout Revenge On 360?
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Jun 15 2005, 03:02 PM)

You're not going to like the new one then. I played the hell out of it at E3 and the
Crashbreaker explosions can be done in normal races now...

I personally think it makes the game better. Tons of fun to steer yourself towards
another car after a wreck and as they zoom past you, detonating yourself!

Just like E3 the year before, Burnout was one of the very few games I had to
keep coming back to play over and over again.

I agree with you on the bonus pick-ups though. I'm glad they're getting rid of them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3