xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burnout Paradise  (Read 576 times)

0 Executer 0

• Archived User
Burnout Paradise
« on: January 24, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

i have loved all the Burnout games...but this one-they can shove up their fuckin ass's for ruining such a great game-i wont be buying it!!!

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Burnout Paradise
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:05:00 AM »

im pretty upset with this game myself. i am  HUGE burnout fan and own all of them. I am extremly upset about the crash mode being gone.  it just doest seem right with out it. new fans may like the game, but old crash addicts are going to be disapointed.  i also hate having to drive all the way back to a start point after loosing a race, and having to follow turn signals. those features are great, but dont belong in an arcade racer. and aftertouch being gone? sigh..... im gona keep on playing it, maybe im missing something... but so far im disapointed. all they had to do was keep it the same, bleh...  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
Burnout Paradise
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »

i must admit i also am fairly upset with the game, the demo promised so much but the full game delivered so little.

The no restarts was ok in the early stages of the game, but now i only have those stupid stunt runs and really long races left so having a quick restart would be a huge bonus right now.

The crash detection is way too sensitive, ive seen myself crash and flip out of control by merely skiffing the wing mirror of another car. To add to the the traffic check only works at slow speed, which is useless, this was fine in burnout 3 and before because the traffic was easy to dodge, as a result we have burnout 3's feel with burnout revenges quanitity of traffic which is not good.

the "burnout" system is very buggy, in some cars i rarely get rewarded with another bar of boost regardless of the fact i succesfully filled the burnout criteria.

one thing about burnout is that you should not have to try and plot a route in a race, the game is way too fast and 9 times out of 10 having a check of the map to plot your route ends in complete disaster, usually at the very end of a long race, which you cant restart.

The above would be fine if the turn indicator would kick in a little sooner, i find that it tells me which direction i need to go far far too late and i either totally miss the turn or i have to yank the e-brake and end up facing the wrong way.

There is a lack of events in the hills and far to many events end there, meaning the very repetative journey back to the city to pick another event.

Perhaps its just me but most stunt runs are in places where there is very little potential for doing stunts, and even when there is the points system is very very snidey.

criterion were in their element in burnout 3, they should just remake that.