xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Brothers In Arms 3 Teaser  (Read 991 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Brothers In Arms 3 Teaser
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

Its just that, a teaser! like 2.5 seconds of footage at the end. I want more!

http://media.xbox360...087/vids_1.html

Definitely downloading this weeks IGN episode to see what it shows...

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 28 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

Its just that, a teaser! like 2.5 seconds of footage at the end. I want more!

http://media.xbox360...087/vids_1.html

Definitely downloading this weeks IGN episode to see what it shows...

Oooh.. great link, that looks FANTASTIC!

Why am I getting excited about 2.5 seconds of footage?
But, wow.  That is VERY nice.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

477 megs later...

I dont know what to think about the footage they showed in the IGN episode. It looks unbelievably good, almost 2 good, I cant quite put my finger on it.

The main character is giving orders it seems in real time, and there are seamless scripted parts like what you saw in the 2.5 second video with the soldier falling into the others arms.

The splintering of crates from machine gun fire, if actual in-game and not totally killzone scripted, is phenomenal. The debris tossed about from a nade exploding a building is even better, nice smoke too.

I just don't want to get all excited about something and have it not turn out to be the real deal. It does look genuine though, and the dev interview that takes place is interesting. Yes its coming to the 360 so thats no longer an issue.

He says they love the use of multiple processors in these systems, and the games will only get better and better as the years pass. I get all excited thinking about what games will play and look like in 3 years  love.gif

BIA 3 is what I expect, graphically anyways, from CoD 3 and future games of this genre.

Whens this game supposedly due out? fall/winter of this year?

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

holy shit, that looks insane! kinda looks like real life where he grabbed him. nice find.

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

Wow, that was so cool.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 05:32:00 AM »

I don't mean to be a downer, but i notice no graphical improvement over CoD2.  The only image that looks 'Amazing' of BiA next gen is the one floating around the internet.  If it can meet that images graphical fadelity then i'm sold......but until then CoD2 MP will do just fine (a rather plesent change from Halo 2 MP).

Clay_Trainor

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

COD2 is gonna be no competition with BIA 3.... at the gearbox forums there are many who beleive that this is the same video that they showed at the liberation party over 4 months ago... so it's an old build of the game.   If you look at teh IN GAME screens they have on ign that will give u a better idea of why this game will graphically make cod2 obsolete

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

My only worry here is that they are pushing out BiA sequels too fast. It takes years to create a stellar game like Halo2 or HL2, these people take 6months to push out a sequel? That cannot be a good thing unless they outsource the work to a team of 600 chinese who get 20 cents an hour.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »

Its possible they started it a while back, like Chaos Theory was being worked on while Pandora was also in development. I doubt thats the case here, but Im like you, I hope these arent being rushed.

picopir8

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Apr 29 2006, 09:37 PM) View Post

My only worry here is that they are pushing out BiA sequels too fast. It takes years to create a stellar game like Halo2 or HL2, these people take 6months to push out a sequel? That cannot be a good thing unless they outsource the work to a team of 600 chinese who get 20 cents an hour.

Nah.  I think the most time in games like Halo and HL is spend trying to formulate a story, design weapons, characters, environments, etc.  But BiA does not really need to do that.  There are tons of documented stories out there, no need to invent characters, just make soldiers and give them names from the stories told, all the weapons and environments are also well documetned and they already did much of that reasearch for previous games.

Sure it would be nice to have them put a little extra effort to make it nice.  And Ill be the first to admit that the last game did feel a bit like a rehash of the first game, but I dont think thats necessarily a bad thing.  I still think they have had more depth and strategy than most of the MoH/CoD series.  And they have not tried to tinker much with the formula with work.   Im almost leaning towards puming out the games fast to satisfy my desire for new games instead of tring to make something new which could have the potential of flopping.  I recall one or two of the MoH/CoD games having what seemed like 50% tank battles which I found much less fun than the FPS that I came to enjoy.  I give them credit for tring something new, but I didnt like it.  However I think the COD for the 360 has returned to its roots and is a great game.  I think the one things I would like to see in the next BiA is the ability to command a morter team and perhaps put some real effort forward to make the game less linear.  I dont want to feel like Im being funneld through a particular path.  Give me the ability to cut through barb wire, hop fences, enter any building, and just move like a soldier normally would, along with having civilians hiding out that you have to avoid.  However, I understand these are still video games and not meant to be war simulations.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

heres the longer version...

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2842_en.html

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

You guys and your BIA.  It's like the Sony fans and their "K-word".  

It's ok, after BIA is released, I'll be waiting here with a nice, gentle "I told you so".  biggrin.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(RogueStorm @ May 1 2006, 08:22 AM) View Post

So, is it just me or is Ubisoft the killer developer right now for the 360.  The games they are pumping out all get put on my "must have" list pretty quickly.  Where are all the other developers at?

they were the killer developer for xbox, no reason it should change for the 360.

Lowend, its not the same. the K game is a sony exclusive, ordered by sony to deceive the masses.

BIA 3 is a multi platform title and MS has nothing to do with the trailers. Infact, most people still think BIA 3 is PC/PS3 only, maybe sony does have their hand in it  laugh.gif

and if you read my initial thoughts, you'll see I am hesitant to believe this is actual gameplay. Its E3 time, that means get people hyped and hope they dont realize what they see isnt real.

The only game I always trust footage from is Gears smile.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

im staying very optimistic about this video.  even though the character models might be marginally better then those in CoD2, its the interaction that we see with the world that brings it more to life IMO.  if we cant expect this level of quality out of the next gen systems then that would mean that all of the devs saying "its not the difference in hardware that matters, but the difference we will see each passing year on these consoles" would be liers.  its too early to fully understand or predict the limits of these consoles, especially considering that we are seeing vastly new architectures.  with each passing year we will see that developers are understanding the hardware more and more and as usual will continue to amaze us.  even if something is thought to be impossible, developers have had a knack for pulling impossible feats on systems, running effects and games that many wouldnt not think possible (quake on saturn, half life 2 on xbox, splinter cells on ps2, and many more).  IF this game holds to be true, then i can only see it getting better from here.  

i hate how sony's habbit of using CGI to represent games forces us to constantly rethink what is real or not.  well come next week, at E3, its put up or shut up time for many things  pop.gif

whiteblur67

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »

im very impressed

it looks close to *gasp* killzone ph34r.gif
Pages: [1] 2