xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blue Dragon's 200,000 unit goal in Japan  (Read 1185 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Blue Dragon's 200,000 unit goal in Japan
« on: December 07, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | December 7 08:46 EST

From computerandvideogames.com:

According to Famitsu, over 180 Japanese gamers were queuing outside the official launch spot Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara, Tokyo yesterday morning, and at 9am the first copy of Blue Dragon was ceremonially sold to most punctual punter, on stage with a giant count-down and - presumably - someone dancing around in a big dragon costume.

According to German site Gamefront.de, Microsoft has revealed that its goal is to sell 200,000 copies of Blue Dragon in Japan - which would make it one of the best selling 360 games to date in the country.

Read More: computerandvideogames.com
Import Blue Dragon: play-asia.com (note: Japanese txt and NOT regionfree (NTSC/J only))

Doffo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

Great News!  biggrin.gif

Least they are buying the 360.  smile.gif

joe90

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Dec 7 2006, 03:53 PM) *

..nd - presumably - someone dancing around in a big dragon costume.

that made me LMAO.. cause you know its so so true.

africamagical

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(joe90 @ Dec 7 2006, 02:13 PM) View Post

that made me LMAO.. cause you know its so so true.

Likewise

beerchug.gif
Need to get my hands on this so i dont feel retarded for buyin a jap 360

mirsad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »

Christ! they would rather have a game like this over something like "Gears of War", what does that tell you about japanese gamers?
If a game dosen't have a bunch of school kids jumping around with big heads and massive eyes they don't wanna know.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 08:52:00 AM »

200000 units would make it one of the best selling games in the country...

do they even have that much of an install base of Xbox 360 owners?

Software2

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

That's all fine and good, but being the patriotic American I am, all I care about is myself.  love.gif

Every other Japanese exclusive xbox game I've been interested in (ie, Phantom Dust & Nintey Nine Nights) had an English version on the Japanese disc. Heck, Phantom Dust even had english voices. So, my question is, does anyone know if the same is true for this game?

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Dec 7 2006, 04:23 PM) View Post

200000 units would make it one of the best selling games in the country...

do they even have that much of an install base of Xbox 360 owners?

but since its bundled with the system then it doesn't matter cause they are hoping it would increase the install base.

unclepauly

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(mirsad @ Dec 7 2006, 10:23 AM) *

Christ! they would rather have a game like this over something like "Gears of War", what does that tell you about japanese gamers?
If a game dosen't have a bunch of school kids jumping around with big heads and massive eyes they don't wanna know.

It tells me they are all friggin delusional little pansies. Every time I forget about those wackos another story like this pops up. They all want a ps3 though...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)  makes no sense to me. I think them not wanting 360 is borderline bigotry.

eddie11c

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Software2 @ Dec 7 2006, 04:35 PM) View Post

That's all fine and good, but being the patriotic American I am, all I care about is myself.  love.gif

Every other Japanese exclusive xbox game I've been interested in (ie, Phantom Dust & Nintey Nine Nights) had an English version on the Japanese disc. Heck, Phantom Dust even had english voices. So, my question is, does anyone know if the same is true for this game?

I am not positive, but the gameplay videos I saw all had english voices for the characters. Would be impossible to play without english text though.

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

The latest weekly edition of Famitsu hits Japanese shelves tomorrow. Within it's authoritative pages...a BLUE DRAGON REVIEW!

And they reviewed it lovingly.

It scored a 9, 9, 9 & 10 from the editors, which gives it a mighty 37/40 total score.

Will this help sell 360s in Japan this Christmas? Probably not, it's a game, not a miracle. But does this mean it's a game 360-owning JRPG fans should look forward to? Why yes. Yes it does.

http://www.kotaku.co...itsu-218149.php

Looks like Blue Dragon delivered on the hype!
Just what the doctor ordered for the X360 in Japan....

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

It's sad that some individuals are so narrow minded that they have to make these sweeping generalizations about Japanese gamers.  The truth of the matter is that Blue Dragon will sell many more copies here in America than in Japan.   Many of us here in the states are eagerly awaiting the Mistwalker titles.

Don't like it? Good for you, now shut the fuck up already and go play another cookie cutter FPS.  wink.gif

mortyblack

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

what a baby game, look at the gfx (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ... this is so not nextgen, its more like the ps2 gfx.... as someone mention earlyer they should worked more on the game engine and stop using that pre-rendered crap cgi movies its so 90's. they dont impress anymore they are just boring.....

Mr. Me

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

Does this game have a USA release date yet?  The Japanese version works on NTSC-J consoles only and all subs and menus are in Japanese. sad.gif

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(mortyblack @ Dec 7 2006, 03:50 PM) View Post

what a baby game, look at the gfx blink.gif ... this is so not nextgen, its more like the ps2 gfx.... as someone mention earlyer they should worked more on the game engine and stop using that pre-rendered crap cgi movies its so 90's. they dont impress anymore they are just boring.....

Well since you don't make games for Japanese gamers I doubt Microsoft cares about your opinion.

All the Gears of War comments are piss-poor lame as well. Japanese culture isn't into making someone their bitch of PWN3D of the L33T friends as seems to be the dominant gaming idea here. It's an issue of culture. Their culture doesn't value being one above someone else, it's conformity, it's equity, etc.

Pull your heads out of your back-end and learn about the world around you.
Pages: [1] 2