xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blazing Angels Makes Me Sick  (Read 1065 times)

n0rcal

• Archived User
Blazing Angels Makes Me Sick
« on: March 25, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »

How many people here have the problem when playing Blazing Angels™: Squadrons of WWII for atleast an hour get sick and have headaches? ive got mine on a 64inch dlp hd tv running at 1080pi. Man I feel like crap right now.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

wow.. signed up for these forums to post that?

damn dude.. ever play a game where you are flipping around upside down over side up and around every which way?

might have just been a sea-sick like illness from the motions... crimson skies ever bother you, because the first time i played that i got dizzy...

1080pi?

i played it about 5 minutes and thought it sucked, so i didnt let it get me sick... hope you live!

welcome to xbox-scene!

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(n0rcal @ Mar 26 2006, 12:32 AM) View Post

1080pi.

Well, I can see why he got sick, that's about 3391.2 (1080*3.14).

I don't have a problem with it.  Then again, I only play at 1080i. tongue.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

I think you just haven't been acclimated to your screen yet. When I first got my projector I couldn't play any of the Tony Hawk games because the quick camera movement from horizontal behind to vertical on top when you hit a ram made me sick as hell. Doesn't bother me at all now, I was able to play through all of THAW without any problems including a few marathon sessions.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

I actually was beggining to get sick playing Blazing Angels as well.  At first, I didn't understand the controls and would get disoriented.  When I tried to straighten out, I would only mess myself up further.    Eventually, when I understood the controls I sorted it all out and don't have a problem any longer.

The screen tearing still makes me sick though.  dry.gif

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

the dumb trainer during the training session makes me sick

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »

Reminds me of my brother back when the first Doom came out. I played it for about an hour then he started crying because I did not let him play. I got spanked and he got the PC. 15 mins later he puked all over himself. To this day he refuses to play first person shooters.

RogueStorm

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Mar 26 2006, 11:51 AM) *

the dumb trainer during the training session makes me sick

Yeah, that guy was seriously pissing me off.  Fun game though, but probably not one I would buy.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(thepissedoffman @ Mar 26 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

Reminds me of my brother back when the first Doom came out. I played it for about an hour then he started crying because I did not let him play. I got spanked and he got the PC. 15 mins later he puked all over himself. To this day he refuses to play first person shooters.

I tell you wha,t that doesn't make sense.  How old was your brother, and more importantly, how could an FPS make him puke?  Wouldn't he just... um... stop playing?  How old were you?

alsybub

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

I don't usually air my points of view without backing them up BUT really who gives a shit? That game sucks big hairy balls! It's just another reason not to play it!

This post has been edited by alsybub: Mar 27 2006, 01:47 AM

Mikeizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

I dont get sick when i play Blazing Angels, but i do realize that when i turn the plane upsidedown and do barrel rolls n' stuff, my head will turn in that direction for some reason  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) .

thepissedoffman

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Mar 26 2006, 01:38 PM) View Post

I tell you wha,t that doesn't make sense.  How old was your brother, and more importantly, how could an FPS make him puke?  Wouldn't he just... um... stop playing?  How old were you?

Sorry it does not make sense to you but it happened. I guess a lot of things in this world would not make sense to people if they don't understand the world they live in.

The reason why some people get sick when playing games (I know a few people like that) is because when youÂ’re  playing a video game your eyes sense motion and your inner ear does not. When the two senses don't match up it can cause nausea. It is the same thing that happens with car sickness.

And yes he stopped playing AFTER he puked. If you were playing a video game and began to have a headache would you just stop playing? If I knew it was because of the video game I would but if I did not know the video game was the cause I probably would not stop playing. After a few different goes at first person shooters over the years and achieving the same outcome my brother no longer plays FPS games.

I am 25 and my brother is 22.

Youltar

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

I personally Love this game, im running a 52 inch screen and have had no sickness from it at all, I think being acclimated to the screen is correct as I had the same issue when I first got the TV. Now I cant play on anything but.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

Yeah I downloaded the demo and played through it yesterday, I might rent the game but it's definitely not worth $60 to me. I didn't have any problems with nausea (again playing on my projector).

As for puking from an FPS, I can totally believe it. Some FPSs make me nauseous playing and almost ALL of them make me sick if I'm watching someone else play. I don't believe I've ever come to chunks with it but I suppose if I didn't realize that's where the nausea was coming from I might have reached that point as some time or another.

GSX

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Mar 26 2006, 07:17 PM) View Post

I don't usually air my points of view without backing them up BUT really who gives a shit? That game sucks big hairy balls! It's just another reason not to play it!

I personaly love the game, picked it up on friday and it's worth every penny. Tho the screen tearing is getting old.
Pages: [1] 2