xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed DVD Space Issues Fixed  (Read 1577 times)

Nemo[

• Archived User
Assassin's Creed DVD Space Issues Fixed
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:00 AM »

Cut scene videos saves a lot of loading time, development and space if you need to do unique visuals that won't be reused in the game.

For example, you don't want to load a whole new level just for showing the bad guy doing something far away and then cutting directly back to the current level of the game. It's a pretty common storytelling device.

With that said, fuck MS for not making the HD standard and using the first disc as install, last time i checked two DVDs still are a lot cheaper then one blu-ray.

This post has been edited by Nemo[: Oct 23 2007, 11:15 AM

Hopeful

• Archived User
Assassin's Creed DVD Space Issues Fixed
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2007, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heebs @ Oct 23 2007, 05:19 AM) View Post

I highly doubt that they would of jeopardized their games' standing in the eyes of the community to fix a space issue with the disc.  They want AC to succeed so by hacking game content and overall dimishing the experience for the user they would be shooting themselves in the foot big time.

Not really. They'll just bullshit and get people to buy it anyway. If you think great games don't get screwed by bad formats and sold anyway through marketing, or that there was a minor solution, you're living in sugar-coated cuckoo land.

Like I said earlier, to have saved any significant amount of space they had to make some big sacrifice. (And most folks likely won't know what it is until they've bought the game and played it)
Pages: 1 2 [3]