xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Assassins: Creed PS3 Demo at E3 Running on Xbox 360 ?  (Read 1008 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Assassins: Creed PS3 Demo at E3 Running on Xbox 360 ?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 04:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(lmaolmao @ May 13 2006, 02:08 AM) View Post

i assume you didnt know it was shown "behind closed doors" as playable, otherwise why would a controller be attached at all.

You assumed right....I did not know that.  But the trailor they showed on g4 was all cgi, and all where gawking over it as if it was 'in-game' graphics.

And just because a controller is attached to a console does not negate whether it is cgi or in-game playable.

QUOTE(3dfx_ownd_joo @ May 13 2006, 04:21 AM) View Post

also

GT HD running on a computer???

http://theinquirer.net/?article=31681

I don't doubt that at all.  They also claim that the new GT for ps3 will support 1080p.  Ya, kind of like how gt3 for the ps2 supported 1080i, so they claimed.  Truth be told it was just upscaled 480i to 1080i.  If gt4 supports 1080p is will just be upscaled 720p (if even that), but they will claim it as 1080p.  The devs of the gt series is a bunch of sneaky little f-ers.  

Hell why not.......daddy (sony) feeds BS to the people and gets away with it for some fing reason.  Sheep, you gotta love them.

quall

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2006, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(GeToChKn @ May 13 2006, 01:15 AM) *

...providing they had access to the xbox 360 in a way which let them load a driver.

I doubt the dev kits have this security. Perepherals need to be tested too. I doubt that they would need to consult MS every time a new beta version of their product is created.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ May 13 2006, 06:35 AM) View Post

You assumed right....I did not know that.  But the trailor they showed on g4 was all cgi, and all where gawking over it as if it was 'in-game' graphics.

And just because a controller is attached to a console does not negate whether it is cgi or in-game playable.
I don't doubt that at all.  They also claim that the new GT for ps3 will support 1080p.  Ya, kind of like how gt3 for the ps2 supported 1080i, so they claimed.  Truth be told it was just upscaled 480i to 1080i.  If gt4 supports 1080p is will just be upscaled 720p (if even that), but they will claim it as 1080p.  The devs of the gt series is a bunch of sneaky little f-ers.  

Hell why not.......daddy (sony) feeds BS to the people and gets away with it for some fing reason.  Sheep, you gotta love them.

beerchug.gif

If MS pulled a GT 4 like sony did, you'd never hear the end of it. Tell a sheep what sony pulled and youll get a mumble and they act like nothing happened.

Did anyone hear anything from Krazy Kenny Kutaragi this year? other than the ps3 being too cheap? Has the shepherd been told by higher ups to keep his mouth shut? has his staff of BS been retired? what will the flock of sheep do without him?

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

Building a playstation USB adapter would be tit for someone with some resources...

If you gave that task to an EE with prior controller design knowledge he could have a working prototype inside a day using nothing more then off the shelf parts and the guts of a 3rd party controler.

becides MS DOES allow 3rd party wired devices you know.

BasicAir

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »

I first heard about this story about 24 hours ago, so X-S was a little late getting it, but that's not the point. The point is, IGN did post it and the fact remains E3 is an industry event and thus the chances of this being true make it more likely than anything, really.

Also, there's been no mass amounts of news bits coming out PRO-360 ANTI-PS3 from "annonymous sources" at MS -- that's all your imagination. The only other news item from an annonymous source was these pricing rumors of the new 360 peripherals.

And, btw, I saw this time and time again ON G4 -- They showcased it on their Live G4 coverage each of the 3 days they had their 3-hour Live from the showfloor coverage and said MANY times that it's actual in-game footage.

The last comment I heard a G4 host mention about it was last night when fans rated it "HOT" as opposed to "SCORCHING" and/or the highest -- "VOLCANIC" ---- And I'm 99% sure that they said fans probably didn't rate it too high because it was only of one level, the collisium (many ways to spell that), and a lot of hack and slash.

The last thing I'll say is if it really is in development for the 360, too, which many believe and it has been rumored way before E3 anyway, it only makes sense it could have been running on a 360. Maybe Ubisoft didn't have the PS3 version ready for E3 so they used the 360 version of the game to show off, but wanted to hide that fact -- That is VERY feasible.

n8thegr8

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

i assume you didnt know it was shown "behind closed doors" as playable, otherwise why would a controller be attached at all.

how convenient, now nobody can say otherwise... rolleyes.gif

and besides, it is possible you could make drivers for the ps3 controller, but why would you want to? I think this is just some jackass' attempt at trying to prove 360's as good as ps3. I love my 360, but I'm gettin a ps3 too cuz it has a bunch of different features that I like, plus it integrates with my psp, which I also love, and I'm getting a wii too, just because it looks fun as hell. I'm an open minded gamer, where's the point in shittin on other companies because you think yours is better, when in reality, they all have equally good tradeoffs.

oh, btw, I never said anything about them being anti-ps3, that's just your imagination, just that they were being used to discuss things that haven't been widespread and/or are controversial.

Sulik2

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a real ps3 controller. The two controllers now have identical buttons, 2 analog shoulder, 4 face, 2 more shoulder, start, select, and a guild button. Same command tree would probably work for both controllers as they most likely have no tilt function in the game. So the 360 version probably would work very easily on, a dev kit, w/ the PS3 controller. I would imagine we would see PS3 imitation controllers in the third party market on 360, but M$ probably won't allow them.

lordkramdar

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

yeah, did anybody else notice that sony totally sucked the big one, this e3?

first they copy off nintendo w/the motion sensing, then if you look real closely it looks like the redesigned ps3 controller has a guide button, and if you look even closer, the l2 and r2 buttons are now triggers like an xbox.
WTF????!!!!!
MS & nintendo got this sh** in the bag

MadEx

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was true. This was talked about being a title for the 360, and then later when Ubisoft released the showing-list for E3 they excluded 'Xbox 360' from being a platform for it. So I wouldn't be surprised if indeed they had started development on the 360, and when E3 came around and Sony paid for a few months of exclusivity, the port to the PS3 just wasn't far enough and they instead decided to show off their work on the 360 so far. So again, keep in mind this was already semi-announced for the 360 months ago (by them talking about it) and then pulled last minute as a supported platform.

MadEx

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

OK, here's some things to back this up. Assassins Creed was previously known as "Project Assassin," this info is readily available on IGN, Gamespot, etc.

At X05 Ubisoft announced that Project Assassin would be coming to the 360. I quote a Gamespot article:
Singling out Ubisoft for praise, Moore also revealed that two PlayStation 3 games from the publisher would also be coming to the Xbox 360: Gearbox-developed WWII shooter Brothers in Arms 3 (tentative), and the still-mysterious Project Assassin, which looks like a bloodier version of Thief.

So there you have it. It was previously announced for the 360, and then E3 rolls around and all the sudden Ubisoft drops the 360 as a supported platform for the game.

I'm not saying that the game is still coming to the 360 people, all I'm saying is that it's very feasable that they did indeed get a lot of work done for the 360 (before it became "exclusive") and were therefore showing it off on that.

GhostDog__

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »

Smells like BS to me.

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

Everyone's been talking about how good this game looks.
I've seen some very good "CGI" video cutscenes but I haven't even seen any in game screen shots.

Any links?

This post has been edited by miggidy: May 14 2006, 05:52 AM

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordkramdar @ May 13 2006, 02:51 PM) View Post

if you look real closely it looks like the redesigned ps3 controller has a guide button

I hear this a lot lately but from what I recall I thought the button in the middle of the "dildorang" was going to be a guide button along with being an ON button when inserted into thine ass.   blink.gif

IPB Image

gsxr

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(chuxterofdoom @ May 14 2006, 06:15 AM) View Post

I hear this a lot lately but from what I recall I thought the button in the middle of the "dildorang" was going to be a guide button along with being an ON button when inserted into thine ass.   blink.gif

IPB Image

ahaha I havent been keeping up on much gaming etc used to play alot of stuff but just now saw this controller.

*says in best dundee impersonation* "Bloody hell, does that sheila fly around the world when yah tharow it??"

haha "dildorang" coke spewer.. :cheers:

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(BasicAir @ May 13 2006, 10:38 AM) View Post

And, btw, I saw this time and time again ON G4 -- They showcased it on their Live G4 coverage each of the 3 days they had their 3-hour Live from the showfloor coverage and said MANY times that it's actual in-game footage.

I call bullshit on that.

And i thought sony's learned their lesson at last e3 with cgi, but then again the zombies ate it up so why not again?
Pages: 1 [2] 3