xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Amped 3  (Read 629 times)

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Amped 3
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »

First I spent about an hour looking for the last event I needed to complete to get the lesser snow god achievement. Now I have spent 3 hours trying to get the slalom "Serpentine Fire" gold medal. Here's why it's tough:

You need to have 10 more seconds left on the clock when you enter the last gate.
Part of the problem is each gate only adds 2 seconds.
The fastest I have clock left me 9.12 seconds.
Even building the track t ohelp does little.

Does anyone have this one beatten with a gold medal? This is my last one, and it sure makes you earn the achievement. I think building rails and "bonking" them will make you quicker, but then control goes down. If you built around the track to make it achievable, please inform us on what you did.

After searching for help, I found that holdint RT and LT is the true "tuck" move. The whole time I've been holding A to tuck. Thought I should pass this on to anyone that's had trouble. No you do not need to build any tracks to bonks off of, but if you want the fastest time ever, it wouldn't hurt.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Amped 3
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »

First I spent about an hour looking for the last event I needed to complete to get the lesser snow god achievement

yeah some of the icons are hidden behind others grr.gif ! I spent alot of time looking for my last 2(lesser snow god)!

jtom617

• Archived User
Amped 3
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(sstrasser86 @ Jan 28 2006, 06:19 PM) View Post

you know i always see people saying they had a lot of toruble finding these things...i didnt think it was that hard. The oinly real problem i had with thre game was that it was so short in time to complete it/

sometimes thats a good thing....  mad.gif this game got me extremely angry..  wink.gif

paul_phil

• Archived User
Amped 3
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 04:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Jan 27 2006, 07:31 AM) View Post

First I spent about an hour looking for the last event I needed to complete to get the lesser snow god achievement. Now I have spent 3 hours trying to get the slalom "Serpentine Fire" gold medal. Here's why it's tough:

You need to have 10 more seconds left on the clock when you enter the last gate.
Part of the problem is each gate only adds 2 seconds.
The fastest I have clock left me 9.12 seconds.
Even building the track t ohelp does little.

Does anyone have this one beatten with a gold medal? This is my last one, and it sure makes you earn the achievement. I think building rails and "bonking" them will make you quicker, but then control goes down. If you built around the track to make it achievable, please inform us on what you did.

After searching for help, I found that holdint RT and LT is the true "tuck" move. The whole time I've been holding A to tuck. Thought I should pass this on to anyone that's had trouble. No you do not need to build any tracks to bonks off of, but if you want the fastest time ever, it wouldn't hurt.

LOL I did exactly the same thing, only found out about the RT+LT tuck move after getting stuck with 1 slalom even left. The rest of the slaloms are even easier now wink.gif

Junit1239

• Archived User
Amped 3
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »

Thanks for the LT RT hint that helped, and after figuring out that I beat the challenge in 3 trys. You just have to cut the corners tight and no objects were needed in order to complete the challenge... That was one of my last golds also.