xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: About Amped 3  (Read 650 times)

speed_racer88

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

do you know what i think of 2k sports? FUCK EM ALL!!! they ruined imo the greatest series ever, i just got to play amped 3 today and i am so fucking pissed off right now i want to snap the game in half.  
In amped 2 you could just ride around, talk to your friends while you were playing and do a bunch of other shit, and there were no limits. in amped 3 there is no online multiplayer, the controls make you want to jump off of your house and you can't just ride around. the game is way to structured, you can't just spin any way you want, the game has pre-set spins and flip that you can do. FUCK THAT!!!
Another horrible thing about this game is the grinds, it's structured as well. Also if you land on a rail you have to grind, you can't just keep riding along. you also can't just switch your grind with a little tap up or down, you have to do stupid ass button combos. imo the grinds don't look as good as they did in amped 2 either.
Now to talk about the stupid ass shapes and stars flying around, you have all this nice looking scenery and then all this shit cluttering up your screen. At one point there were so many fucking stars and shapes that i couldn't even see where the hell i was going.
Next i have to talk about the realism, if i wanted starts flying out of my ass while i was doing rediculous tricks i would have rented SSX. I thought that the amped series was about real snowboarding, the first two games were awesome, you could do nice slow 180's off of a nice jump or do a sick noseslide on a flat box. You wont see any of that in amped 3, like i said before most of the spins and flips are all preset shit. well that's what i think of amped 3, what do you think about this hunk of shit?
</rant>

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

that really sucks to hear, amped2 was so good too, played so many hours on it.

hows the soundtrack tho? I reallly dug the soundtrack on amped2

speed_racer88

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »

the scenery and the soundtrack are the best parts of amped 3, i would pay a lot of money to play amped 2 with the amped 3 graphics, levels and soundtrack.

EDIT: do you still play amped 2 on xbox live? if so whats your gamertag? I play it almost every day.

This post has been edited by speed_racer88: Dec 28 2005, 06:48 AM

yello

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »

sucks to hear... I'm a big fan on Amped and Amped 2.

potato10

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »

does amped 2 play on the 360. cuz i was going to get amped 3 but then since i see this idk. ive never played amped 2. i thought amped 3 as cool. but i only played the demo at Eb Games.

Malenko

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 11:00:00 PM »

yeah, hate to continue my negative streak on 360 but every game except PGR3 and COD2 have been let downs =(

potato10

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

COD2 really good. game. but i wouldnt go off and say they were let downs. perfect dark rox my box with graphics but game can get boring. king kong is fucking awesome. amped 3 looks good but apperently not.

KMFDM

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Malenko @ Dec 28 2005, 01:07 AM) *

yeah, hate to continue my negative streak on 360 but every game except PGR3 and COD2 have been let downs =(

i would have to agree with you, i do like nba 2k6. Only three games i play are PGR3,COD2, and NBA2K6. I have PD0 but its a big let down, and Condemned just sucks and is boring.

Malenko

• Archived User
About Amped 3
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2005, 01:19:00 AM »

lemme clarify:

I havent played perfect Dark Zero, NBA or NHL so Im not dissing them at all. Im not a big fan of the NBA Games and well I dont trust new sports games on new systems anymore

I own Ridge Racer 6,Tiger, Madden, COD2, PGR3, Ridge Racer Kameo (Xmas gift)

I rented an played Kameo before I got the gift, I rented and played Amped 3 as well. I think my gamepass is gonna save me all kinds of money on 360 crap games