xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Did You Like Alan Wake?  (Read 817 times)

Timko

• Archived User
How Did You Like Alan Wake?
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »

Well xbox-scene today I played through Alan Wake, and I was impressed. The story was totally new and the scenery simply beautiful. I loved every character since everyone of them got their own little background and doesn't seem like an heartless NPC just standing there. It took me round 5 or 6 hours and I gotta say one of the best 5 hours spent in my life.

But I got a question, will there be a sequel in the next time since... you know if you fully played it..?

And if you are unsure if you should buy/play the game or not here is a nice little review that brought me to Alan Wake: http://vegasworldx.blogspot.com/2011/01/al...ake-review.html but I would give it 11 from 10 points.

evil-dereck

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »

I wouldn't exactly call the story new. It very much borrows from stories like "The Dark One" and "In the Mouth of Madness". Honestly, though, if you're going to ape a concept those are good places to start. What dug in for me was the music. The moment I heard "Up Jumped the Devil" at the end of the first chapter, I realized the people who made the game dug real deep to find music that fleshed out the tone of the story they were telling. The gameplay is fun, and from a story telling standpoint (music, voice acting, dialogue) are great. The opening quote of "Explanations are antithetical to the poetry of fear" is the whole reason I love the rare piece of good horror. Shame this gem of a game didn't do better because of GTAIV with cowboys and zombies.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Timko @ Jan 17 2011, 11:42 AM) View Post

But I got a question, will there be a sequel ......

Are you aware of how long it took for this game to come out? The game was first demo'd in 2005....