xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pissed At Uno  (Read 1182 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Pissed At Uno
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

im not sure if this has to do with the trueskill system, but ever since i got into the top 5000 players i cant find any one to play with, (skill 25) i sit for hours on end and no one shows.  now yeah, i do go play the unranked games alot but this is stupid, they should broaden the trueskill acceptance number, its not like im that good at uno, its a card game!

Staple

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 01:51:00 AM »

wow this game is so boring..........esp on xbla

crobar

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

um....what kind of skill does a game like uno entail?
lol

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

i dont know what skill, im tired of waiting for people to play though, i had 1000 free ms point so i thought id give it a try.

crobar

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

no, i agree though...i hardly ever find anyone to play...
though it is funny while playing a game i alwasy realise  the outcome is 100% random...
since the computer pretty much plays for you all you really end up doing is hitting the a button alot... the only way to be bad ar the game is by not calling uno unless the rest of the players colectivly agree to pass you all the draw cards...witch i swear has happened!
lol

lostboyz

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

I hate playing single player, I always end up collecting 100 cards, the computer players all work together, its a conspiracy. Need to get online and play some more.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

Patch is being worked on apparently.  Online matchmaking is a known bug... not sure about offline.  I love UNO but getting a 4-player game on Live going (and staying) is a bitch.

Black Diamond

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jun 9 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post

Patch is being worked on apparently.  Online matchmaking is a known bug... not sure about offline.  I love UNO but getting a 4-player game on Live going (and staying) is a bitch.

Hey,

This game is the most fun I have had online for some time.
 biggrin.gif

I usually have problems getting into games.  Lots of "Can't Connect" messages, or the game play is not setup the way the screen reads.

Another problem I have is that everytime I try to play a 35th Edition(not sure of the exact name) game, I always have to download and it pisses everyone off.

Somone said the little colored bars at the bottom where connections, but what kind of connections.  Mine always seem full while the others are only partially full.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

Contrary to some of the beliefs expressed here, there is alot of skill involved with UNO.  You have to watch what cards your opponents play and how they react to certain moves to be able to determine what cards they have in their deck.  Things like bluffing and knowing when to play your wild cards is what determines the winner.  Crazy fun.

As for matchmaking, I didn't even realize that the game was trying to use truskill as the basis for matches.  Sometimes I can NEVER find players and other times I'll have a full game in a split second.  Hit or miss.  It's good to know a patch is coming though.

crobar

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

Contrary to some of the beliefs expressed here, there is alot of skill involved with UNO. You have to watch what cards your opponents play and how they react to certain moves to be able to determine what cards they have in their deck. Things like bluffing and knowing when to play your wild cards is what determines the winner. Crazy fun.

this is true...

lowend how far upstate are you?

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

actually i did have fun last nite about 2 am , 4 player live game every one was either drunk or stoned. the game does take skill i agree, as far as this morning goes every time i went to join a game instantly it was 4 people. weird

mike_jacko

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

holdem will be so much better

CattyKid

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jun 9 2006, 02:39 PM) View Post

actually i did have fun last nite about 2 am , 4 player live game every one was either drunk or stoned.

Did all the pretty colors make it extra-interesting?

I haven't bought the game, but have played single player.  It does seem pretty boring, and playing against the computer IMO there's not too much of a strategy... but even in real-life playing Uno with people there is actually SOME skill... when to play what cards, when to switch colors, etc.  
But I think it's almost entirely luck.

Staple

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 02:36:00 AM »

game does not take any skill how are you gonna watch a reation to someone on live? wtf you smokin low freq? the computer pics all your cards i got the achievments i have by just clickin the 2 buttons to throw and draw over and over an over this game seriously sucks.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Pissed At Uno
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(crobar @ Jun 9 2006, 02:16 PM) View Post

this is true...

lowend how far upstate are you?

Binghamton / Johnson City area smile.gif

QUOTE(Staple @ Jun 11 2006, 04:43 AM) View Post

game does not take any skill how are you gonna watch a reation to someone on live? wtf you smokin low freq? the computer pics all your cards i got the achievments i have by just clickin the 2 buttons to throw and draw over and over an over this game seriously sucks.

Are you kidding me or are you actually that slow in the head?  If you're literally that dense, I'm not even going to bother explaining the game to you.  At least those with an IQ in the double digits understand what I'm talking about. laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2