xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Uno  (Read 1065 times)

mitch2025

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

yea i finaly got into a game. played for about 4 hrs. so much fun. we were trying to help someone go from 12th place to 1st but he had to leave. i went from 6000th place to like 546th place quick

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

Has anybody found the computer to be hard as shit. I've played probably a full 10 games (none online yet) and lost every time. I mean I know how to play UNO, I'm a trained vet for christ sakes and UNO is more about luck of cards than skill. I had one game that I had UNO like 10 times and still didn't win. The PC always seem to change the color at the last minute and then I'm stuck drawing a card every time. Still love the game, but frustrating as hell to play 10 games and lose every last one of them.

fezzman

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »

Okay, so we don't need the 360 brand of wireless adapter.  Aftermarket works, correct?

So I wonder if the same holds true with webcams.  UNO is the first software that has been released that supports cameras.  Has anybody tried a usb camera to see if UNO recognizes it?  I don't have one so I can't try it.  sad.gif

crobar

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

Has anybody found the computer to be hard as shit.

same here i win like one hand then get destroied by  the uber uno player 360

kezor

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

Uno is great i got to play a few hours after school it is a blast, these 2 guys thought me and this other guy were playing on the same room, they were made bc we kept hammering them with draw 4 wilds

boxrocker

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(fezzman @ May 11 2006, 10:41 AM) View Post

Okay, so we don't need the 360 brand of wireless adapter.  Aftermarket works, correct?

So I wonder if the same holds true with webcams.  UNO is the first software that has been released that supports cameras.  Has anybody tried a usb camera to see if UNO recognizes it?  I don't have one so I can't try it.  sad.gif

Wrong.  The third party wireless adapters connect to the ethernet port. Since ethernet is a standard any third party adapter will do.

Since the camera connects to the 360 via USB, it needs drivers.  And the drivers are contained in the OS (via latest dashboard update).  If you try plugging any ol' USB device that connects to the OS, you won't get anything.  Only the things they allow will be detected.

It IS possible that someone may find a webcam that can have it's firmware updated to match it, but don't expect that anytime soon.

fezzman

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ May 11 2006, 04:38 PM) View Post

Wrong.  The third party wireless adapters connect to the ethernet port. Since ethernet is a standard any third party adapter will do.

Since the camera connects to the 360 via USB, it needs drivers.  And the drivers are contained in the OS (via latest dashboard update).  If you try plugging any ol' USB device that connects to the OS, you won't get anything.  Only the things they allow will be detected.

It IS possible that someone may find a webcam that can have it's firmware updated to match it, but don't expect that anytime soon.

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks for the reply.

Black Diamond

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

Hey,

This is a great game.  We have played for years.  This game drew my wife to the 360.  She want's to play online now.

I did manage to win one game for the person asking.

It does seem like while I was playing the demo that one player would get one great hand and win.

Will be trying the full version to see how it compares, but I would think it would be the same other than achievements and stuff.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Uno
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

I think all you get is the achievements and the 35th anniversary deck. Cool looking deck and when somebody throws down a 35th card the next player has to throw down a 3 or a 5 (not always). Fun addon none the less.
Pages: 1 [2]