xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Game Is Great, But Using A Controller Sucks  (Read 583 times)

MadPerry

• Archived User
Game Is Great, But Using A Controller Sucks
« on: October 22, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »

it's been so long since i've played this, i had to pull out the strategy guide for the sega saturn version.  

the game looks and plays just like i remember it, BUT, this game needs to be patched to allow configuration of the controls.  my DOA stick is worthless for this game.  it's unacceptable in this day and age releasing any game without the option to change controls.  the default controls are familiar for a gamepad from any system, however, i've always used arcade sticks.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 04:21:00 AM »

That's not the only thing that needs to be patched. Playing on Xbox Live in Ranked mode you ALWAYS fight in Scorpions Lair, it sees it as a tournament  and Scorpions Lair is the first level in the rotation. Since you only fight one match before finding a new opponent you're always fighting in scorpions lair.

The only way around this is to enter a VS code but good luck trying to convince someone to enter a code, most likely they'll think you're trying to do something bad to them.

It plays perfect online though, completely lag free and arcade mode is exactly like the UMK3 arcade machine I have sitting in my game room. beerchug.gif

I noticed you couldn't change the controlls and I didn't give it much thought but that really sucks for using a joystick, particularly the Hori stick which has it's buttons in a weird layout.

Eksyte

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:48:00 PM »

I agree. I hate that there's no control modification available. I'm about to make my own arcade-style stick since the Hori one is ass.

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Eksyte @ Nov 11 2006, 01:48 AM) View Post

I agree. I hate that there's no control modification available. I'm about to make my own arcade-style stick since the Hori one is ass.

are thefatailities disabled in the demo? I can't seem to get them to work.