xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finishers?  (Read 608 times)

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Finishers?
« on: October 21, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

ok I downloaded the trial and probably gonna get the full version... but I just wondered if all finishers could be done??? I did a Bability so I'm guessing it's at least like arcade... 2 Fatalities, 1 Friendship, 1 Bability, and 1 Animality.... or is it like the SNES version where you could perform a mercy and then do the Brutality??? I was in my prime when I played it then... don't know if I can pull them off anymore... hell if I get this i'll prolly start lining up quarters on my tv like I did on the arcade... just for old times sake..  laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Finishers?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

it's a direct port of the arcade version... and this version of MK was never released on the SNES... it was only ever released onthe Saturn outside of the arcade because Sega bought exclusivity.

You're probably confusing it with Trilogy which was a different game altogether...

Trilogy was a console only game that was basically just the first 3 MK games all rolled into one with a few extra features. IMO it wasn't that great of a game because it was horribly unbalanced and very buggy.

UMK3 was an upgraded version of the arcade game. when MK3 first came out Midway boasted that they'd do updates with new content in the arcades every few months.... they only ended up doing one update and that ented up being Ultimate MortalKombat 3. It had a few extra characters, a couple extra levels and a whole lot more VS screen codes.

Trilogy used MK1, MK2 and the base version MK3, they added brutalities in addition to a few new characters... again only ever appeared on the console and was done as a last hurrah before jumping to 3D.

amb7247

• Archived User
Finishers?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 22 2006, 12:06 AM) View Post

it's a direct port of the arcade version... and this version of MK was never released on the SNES... it was only ever released onthe Saturn outside of the arcade because Sega bought exclusivity.

You're probably confusing it with Trilogy which was a different game altogether...

Trilogy was a console only game that was basically just the first 3 MK games all rolled into one with a few extra features. IMO it wasn't that great of a game because it was horribly unbalanced and very buggy.

UMK3 was an upgraded version of the arcade game. when MK3 first came out Midway boasted that they'd do updates with new content in the arcades every few months.... they only ended up doing one update and that ented up being Ultimate MortalKombat 3. It had a few extra characters, a couple extra levels and a whole lot more VS screen codes.

Trilogy used MK1, MK2 and the base version MK3, they added brutalities in addition to a few new characters... again only ever appeared on the console and was done as a last hurrah before jumping to 3D.

No this version did come out on the SNES; however, not a direct port. http://www.gamespot....bat3/index.html but the publisher was williams not midway.

6irl6amer6ore

• Archived User
Finishers?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

How do you do the fatalaties and friend stuff?  I'm just now getting into MK.   ph34r.gif

esc1

• Archived User
Finishers?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

Hitup gamefaqs.

Vfreitas

• Archived User
Finishers?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »

I was so hyped when I saw this on the market place. I remember it back from my SNES days, but unfortunately it wasn't the exact game they had on SNES. Hell, if they had some add on content for like 50-100 points I'd buy the add-ons of what the SNES version had. It was hands down the best MK ever.