xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does Anyone Else's Competitive Bankroll Just Disappear?  (Read 611 times)

Boydster

• Archived User
Does Anyone Else's Competitive Bankroll Just Disappear?
« on: September 03, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

I just won 64k in the competitive game. Well I was supposed to. After the game I checked my stats and I have 15k total for that bankroll. Where the hell is it going? This isn't the first time it's happened either...

Could my internet be crappin out right as it's saving or is it just a glitch with the company's server?

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

never had that problem... is it possible that you busted out, cashed in again and were in the red before you won the 64k? if you were playing a 50,000 buy in it seems very likely that thats what happened, esp as 64k is roughly 15k over 50k...

just wondering, take no offense...

Boydster

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

So you think I might have been ~50k negative in the compet bank roll? I didn't know you could go negative here.

I'm a lil confused as to what your trying to say. What do you mean here:
is it possible that you busted out, cashed in again and were in the red before you won the 64k?

I shouldn't say I'm the one that's been playing these. My dad is the one that plays in the compet area. After winning 64k(wow he was excited) and seeing only 15k in the stats he really went on a rampage. Keeps saying it's my fault lol. I'm just looking for a reason why so I can get him off of my back every time that happens.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »

yeah if you lose your initial bankroll, you can take a 'loan' of the starting amount and be in the negatives, or in the red (which is another way of saying negative)...

my guess is that thats what happened; ive never had any problems with money disappearing...

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

yeah your bankroll doesn't really actually mean anything, you can go millions into negative and keep on buying chips... nothing stops you from playing it just hurts your bank roll.

Also the bankrolls are stored locally so even if you cut the network cable at the most in opportune moment you wont screw up your bank roll.

The worst I've heard happen is that if you get disconnected while playing an online game you'll get booted from the game and loose your buy in... but obviously you'd know it if that happened. This is intentional to keep people from forcing a disconnect and boosting their score by cheating.

Boydster

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 5 2006, 01:10 AM) View Post

yeah your bankroll doesn't really actually mean anything, you can go millions into negative and keep on buying chips... nothing stops you from playing it just hurts your bank roll.

I knew you could for the player bankroll, but you can do that even with the competitive one? I thought that was the reason this virtual money was going to work... you run out in compet so you build more up in low ranked games(player)... though I've never actually had to do that so I wouldn't know.