xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Marble Blast Ultra  (Read 1528 times)

themadman123

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

Do you work at best buy? Becuase if you do the 1600 points card is 21.99 but with employee discount its like 17 bucks

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

Man, I cant beat lvl 28 to save my life. You can skip it and go on but its pissing me off so much, just like the original game !

Nm, finally beat it. Took me at least a hour

This post has been edited by Killa420: Jan 26 2006, 02:27 AM

tonloc79

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

Great game! Simple but hard? Like marble madness all over again!!!!!! love.gif

Druggedpolak

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

love.gif
i love it
great music and gameplay. i gotta go to bestbuy tomorrow and get some market points!
3 people already got to the third from last level  ohmy.gif
wanntt.....tooo....play....NOWWWWWW
 jester.gif
 muhaha.gif

prankfurter

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

great game.

I notcied no stutter in framerate when in single player smooth as butter at 1080i smile.gif looks great

in multiplayer there was a tiny bit of lag but barely noticable...

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

how far the demo lets you play to? Can you do multiplayer with the demo?

Joergen

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

I fixed the stutter you worthless goons! (Sorry, had to take it out on somebody  happy.gif  )

Went to System blade -> Computers and disconnected both MCE and Windows Media Connect computers whose connections were open.

Clearly the game has a bug where it tries to hammer the computers in the list and ends up stuttering like crazy when the computers arent responding!

Now I'm happy, silky smooth gaming, even in multiplayer (normal network issues aside)!

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Difficult huh?  Now I'm really interested.  The demo seems so EASY.  I may just splurge on this one.

As for Best Buy... I buy giftcards off eBay for 85% face value and then use them to buy games and points at Best Buy.  It's like paying the old $50 a game (especially when I have a $10 off coupon wink.gif).

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Killa420 @ Jan 25 2006, 09:13 PM) *
how far the demo lets you play to? Can you do multiplayer with the demo?
I don't know. I played the opening level, and I was hooked. (IMG:http://images.xbox-scene.com/forums/style_images/oldx/folder_post_icons/icon4.gif)

I got first place on the leaderboards in several levels. I'm sure they've been wiped out by now as the game has been gaining popularity. (IMG:http://images.xbox-scene.com/forums/style_images/oldx/folder_post_icons/icon4.gif) I've seen you in a few top ten spots also, Killa. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I haven't found it to be a very difficult game. If you were good at Marble Madness, this shouldn't be too difficult for you. There are a lot of shortcuts you can take to reach the goals. An easy way to squeeze your way through bumpers is by holding the right thumbstick so that you see everything from above. You can jump over bumpers, too.

So far, all of my times are well under par. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'm on level 38, but I need to finish up some work. I'll pick it up again tomorrow. I still gotta check out multiplayer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

im stuck on level 48. The last 10-20 advanced levels are pretty elite. I always loved marble madness so this game is a must for me.

Also no stuttering for me. Only thing i dont like is the 5 minutes lame trance loop for music.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »

seems interesting... think its worth a buy?

and daom, at least that marble looks next gen

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 01:30:00 AM »

Well, if you like the old marble madness. Im pretty sure you'll enjoy this one. The multiplayer is actually pretty fun to. Wish they would have had a couple of more lvls but the are still fun.
Anything with the ice in the lvls screws me up bad. This game brings back memories for sure. I remember throwing my old nintendo control a couple times for marble madness. I wanted to throw my 360 control a bunch to but I cant afford another right now. I wish they would invent unbreakable controls. That would rock.

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

^ The trick to the ice levels is spinning the marble in the direction you want to go as soon as you hit the jump button (L trigger or A). As you land, immediately jump again and spin the marble again in the direction you want to travel. The less time your marble spends on that slippery surface means the more control you have over it. Don't forget: you can use your boost thingy (when it's full is best) in the middle of a jump to gain a little extra height.

pennywisdom

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

hahaha reminds me of glover on n64!

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

This game is significantly different from Marble Madness.

I received Marble Blast Gold with my Mac Mini so I knew exactly what I could expect from this game. This game is pretty much the same as Marble Blast Gold with improved graphics and new boards. There are some things in this game that are visually pleasing such as the glass walls, the ice, the light reflection, and the skate park level. For what it is the graphics are really good. The gameplay is awesome. I downloaded this last night and played it for the next 4 hours until I needed to hit the sack. This is game is well worth the cost. I would recommend this game over any other Live Arcade game (except maybe Geometry Wars.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3