xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Marble Blast Ultra  (Read 1529 times)

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« on: January 25, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »

Just saw it, purchasing points now to buy. Cant wait.

tommiwan

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

How much does it cost?  I will have to grab the demo.  I like marble madness and major nelson said it was along those lines.

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »

800 points, sucks though b/c they only have the option for 500 points, then 1000 points for 12.95, had to get the 1000

31.44mb

This post has been edited by Killa420: Jan 25 2006, 11:45 PM

tonloc79

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 03:45:00 PM »

Downloading demo right now, been waiting for this one! Was a big fan of Marble Madness when i was a kid!

tommiwan

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

31 mb is pretty hefty, but so is 800 points.  I think that's like $10... I hope it's a good game for that price.  I payed that for bejewelled (for my wife) and I think it was too much for such a simple game that you can play on the internet.

This post has been edited by tommiwan: Jan 25 2006, 11:49 PM

Joergen

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

Oh goody! This takes my mind off not having full auto demo.  love.gif

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

What's this game about?????

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

Your a marble that rolls around, collecting different stuff trying to reach the end of the level. To totally understand it you would have had to play marble madness for nes. Fun game. This one is ok so far. The beginer levels are pretty easy so far

Joergen

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 04:15:00 PM »

Seems to have a rather annoying tic stutter bug that blips the image randomly all the time. No use boasting with some fancy shaders if you cant even sync to the framerate. Seems like a fun game but also the first embarrasment what comes to arcade games and their functionality.  sad.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

Great find, Killa. I'll have to download that bad boy.

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

Not sure what you talking about. Mine plays fine. What tic thing you talking about?

This post has been edited by Killa420: Jan 26 2006, 12:34 AM

Joergen

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

Rotate the camera in any map, stutters and tics. It's Quake4 with a marble ball! No seriously thats a really bad thing to have for a game that requires smooth mechanical precision. And I played super monkey ball quite alot so I like this sort of game.

This is at SD NTSC widescreen/normal, I'll try HD in a moment.

even the main menu screen lines floating in the background stutter... which would be fine ifnot the ingame having similar though random stutter. edit2: go to marble appearance and the marbles stutter like hell falling and moving on the board (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

EDIT3: Found the reason. As soon as I log out of live the stuttering ingame stops? Hmmmmmhh?

So if anybody else could please try to see if they get stutter when logged in & ethernet cable plugged in (I plug out the cable = stutter stops).

I really want to play this game but not with the nauseating stutter.

This post has been edited by Joergen: Jan 26 2006, 12:47 AM

Killa420

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

Im using a normal 480 tv for now but I dont get any tics moving the camera. Maby re-download it? I just bought the full version so not sure about the demo if thats what your using. Anyone else get this?

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

I don't have any framerate issues or "ticking"...  huh.gif

As far as I'm concerned, the game is pretty cool.  I'm not sure it's $10 cool... but I'll tool around with the demo and if I get a good price on MS Points at Best Buy I'll buy it.  The shaders on the marble are impressive, but when you consider it's the main object on screen, I'd have hoped so.  

On par with what I expected, honestly.  I'm curious about this "multiplayer" aspect though.  Piqued to say the least.

Joergen

• Archived User
Marble Blast Ultra
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

Tried with a friends account and the same thing happens. I'll have to investigate further (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

And Annapolis trailer not available outside the US, the same as MI3 and a third movie. Boo.

EDIT: tried switching ports on the router no help. Tried powering the router off and as soon as its off the stutter stops (im spinning the camera) and when it wakes up, the stutter starts as soon as the inbuilt switch wakes up (even before the DSL line us up). BUMMER

Could you guys mention if youre using wireless or RJ45. Thanks.

And now tried in HD 1280x720 no difference, though the game looks great with superb AA action.

EDIT2: Now I even tried plugging my 360 directly to my xbox1 and marble blast starts stuttering when the xbox1 reaches its dashboard. There's obviously some sort of networking bug with this game.

Tomorrow I'll call up my bro so he can test with his 360 to see if he also gets it, if yes then I can rest this as purely a bug with the game.

This post has been edited by Joergen: Jan 26 2006, 01:52 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3