xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06  (Read 61 times)

feflicker

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« on: December 28, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

Ok, on the Xbox I always preferred the NBA 2K series. I believe they used to be Sega games, now they are Sega/ESPN? Regardless, I liked the series. This one says it has "Xbox Live" support as well.

As far as the NBA LIVE series, they were ok. However, they are EA. And I have heard a lot about EA games sucking on the 360, as they are just "ports"... On the xbox page I don't see anything about Xbox Live support, but I imagine it has to have it.

Has anyone played both games? Which is better and why?

PLZ don't respond with "go read a review, etc". I don't care for reviewers ratings. I want to hear from fellow gamers, casual gamers if possible wink.gif

woofis

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »

ive played both games at my buddies house and its still the same. 2k6 blows away live. live just plain out sux. from the camera angles to the gameplay. 2k6 is the game to go with.

spinr34

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

i haven't played 2k6, but i have live.  live is alright.  nice character models and your ability to shoot around while the game loads is fun.  the save/loads are a pain in the ass if you ask me.  i have to load the rosters and other things every time i play the game.  for a while i thought i had a problem with live not saving the rosters and my created players but then i realized you have to load it, bleh!  gameplay can lag at times and the default view of "broadcast" can take a while to get used to.  commentary is alright, pretty repetitive if you are good and always win, or if you grab a rebound off your own team's free throw you'll hear the same line by steve kerr.  this is the first live i've played since '97 on the PC so i'm not sure what it's missing or what it has extra from years between 97 and the 360 version.  overall, it's a decent game with major potential but significantly falls short and isn't worth $60 to me.  40 - 50 maybe at the most (right now).

feflicker

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »

Who decided on this box cover lol ohmy.gif)

IPB Image

Shaq dribbling? Palming the ball? The ball is neck-high, wtf? It's SHAQ! He should be dunking or blocking a shot. It's ridiculous imho ohmy.gif)

The cover for Live is better...

IPB Image

I'd hate to buy a game just off the cover though... I am gonna go with 2K6. They have always been better than the Live games in the past and "woofis" seems to think it hasn't changed... wink.gif

spinr34

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

for one thing, you can pick up 1000 GP really easy with 2k6...

--> might be a reason why someone would want the game, not saying it's a real pro or con, just stating the obvious but some people might not know.

IcedTea997

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

2K6 loses in graphics department but wins in EVERYTHING else.  Overall a better game, but the players are a bit jaggedy.  

One thing I don't like about 2k6 is that Steve nash is damn near godlike in this game.  He has a higher rating than Kobe.  I like Lives' player rating way better, they are more realistic.  I mean I was using Nash and made 22/23 three point attempts.  And half of them were off balance.

but yeah 2k6 is way better.

Fredro

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »

2k6 all the way, a much better game. and i say this as someone who used to be an NBA Live fanatic.  the revamped player movement controls on 2k6 has done Live in for good.

but 2k6 can be cheesy like someone above said, if you dont play on a high difficulty level.

ive got the 4 wireless controllers hooked up, fire up 2k6. good fun with a lot of trash talking haha.

wasting

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 07:01:00 AM »

i have both and 2k6 easily wins

feflicker

• Archived User
Nba 2k6 Vs Nba Live 06
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

I purchased 2K6 last night... I think they could have done better on the menu grafx, but the game play is pretty solid, and that is what counts.

The main problem I have so far is I don't like the play calling. I need to play around with the different options and experiment more with the plays. The passing is kind of buggy sometimes too. I pass in the direction of a player and instead of it going 6 feet to the player, it throws a 40 foot crosscourt pass at another player in the same "line". Of course the pass gets picked off too lol. I started using the trigger to call my passes to a certain player instead, but if you don't hit it in time you might end up shooting instead of passing to the "X" player  dry.gif

Another thing, I have found that certain players seem to take high-difficulty shots around the basket (not using shot stick). Some players try these crazy reverses instead of just going to the rim. When they make the shot it is cool, but when they miss it I feel like yanking them out of the game. jester.gif

The shot stick is interesting. I need to play with that more too... It should be called "showboat stick" though imho  smile.gif

I think I need a few more nights before I can make a final judgement on this one...