xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live, Usb Wireless, And 79 Passkey  (Read 150 times)

legssmit

• Archived User
Xbox Live, Usb Wireless, And 79 Passkey
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(bs9999 @ Aug 9 2008, 11:13 PM) View Post

My Xbox 360 has a USB wireless adapter.  Now that the box has been modded with a Maximus 79 Passkey (for my Hitachi 79FK drive) I'm concerned about connecting to Xbox Live.  I'm only interested in playing my backups not Xbox Live but i find all my games insist on using my profile by first connecting to Live.  My only solution now is to remove the USB connection before playing games; very annoying and potentially the port will become too loose.  But i still want to connect to Live in the future or when I'm not playing games.

Any solutions for me?  I was hoping to either wrap something around the wireless adapter to interefer with the connection or even blocking some firewall ports if need be.

you could block out your mac adress....

FadedSpark

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

Add a passcode to your xbox live account. It will sign in to your profile, but not live automatically, if you want live, you put in the passcode smile.gif

Millerboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(FadedSpark @ Sep 7 2008, 10:34 AM) View Post

Add a passcode to your xbox live account. It will sign in to your profile, but not live automatically, if you want live, you put in the passcode smile.gif

wish i woulda thought of this! thank you! now my brothers flashed xbox has no live access. biggrin.gif