xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trouble With Xbox To Laptop For Wireless Connection  (Read 117 times)

SOLO-X

• Archived User
Trouble With Xbox To Laptop For Wireless Connection
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:31:00 PM »

I forget off hand how I set mine up, mine is connected the same way. I'll check when I get home but I think your XboX's gateway should be the same as your routers IP address

Also, did you bridge the 2 connections on your laptop? I found it works much easier if the network card and wireless are bridged

Sorry, I might have set the XboX to the bridge's IP. I will check when I get home, give me about 2 hours

I just saw you originally posted on May 24th, I don't know if you still even need any help

Inzaghi

• Archived User
Trouble With Xbox To Laptop For Wireless Connection
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(sinruna802 @ May 24 2008, 06:49 PM) View Post

Hi, new to the place. I couldn't bare to search anymore to figure this out. I've been researching for about a week.

I have a laptop with wireless internet connection to my d-link router. I have an ethernet cable connecting my xbox360 to my laptop. so far so good.

I've followed instructions on how to set up the Internet Connection Sharing.
It took me great deal of pain but I finally seemed to have configured it.
But when I tried to do connection test on xbox, I always get stuck on DNS.
I realized that my internet wasn't working when I enabled my wireless and wired adapters!

I'll probably have more issues after this, but I'd like to take this one step at a time.

Here's what I've done so far.

I have a Rogers Cable modem (Canada) hooked up to my D-Link router which provides my laptop with wireless internet

D-Link Router WBR-1310:
the router IP is set to 192.168.0.100
I have its DHCP enabled to range 1 to 99
I decided to remove the 88 and 3074 port opening until I have issue with NAT, if I ever get there.

Laptop:
Wireless Adapter is being assigned IP address 192.168.0.3
ICS is enabled for Wireless Adapter
  - to do this both wired and wireless adapters were turned on, but not connected to anything to avoid having ip assigning issues. the one where you try to share and ends up saying ip assigned is being used by LAN something something
LAN adapter is being assigned 192.168.0.1 with 255.255.255.0 subnet mask, manually

XBOX:
IP address is manually assigned to 192.168.0.30 (saw a thread on this forum that told me to do 240, but I used 30 to fit into the assigned DHCP range on router)
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
gateway is set to 192.168.0.1 (i'm guessing this is so it connects to wired ethernet adapter on laptop)

thanks in advance to those who are willing to help or even share the similar pain of getting xbox live

Look at

http://www.XboxFreeWireless.com/