xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Wireless Adapter Help  (Read 118 times)

Danaldinho

• Archived User
Xbox Live Wireless Adapter Help
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »

Right, just today I bought a Wireless Adapter for my Xbox and before this I was using the ethernet cable from my laptop to my 360. Anyway I have plugged it into the Xbox and hooked it on and made sure the antenna is up. I then went to "Edit Settings" in the system tab and clicked on Wireless Mode at the bottom and when it searched and my Wireless Connection came up, I clicked on that and entered my WEP key correctly. Then after that, it comes up with test media and LIVE connection etc and I click on LIVE; everything passes, but once it gets to IP it says it fails (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I look on my adapter at the back and the green light is on.

So does anyone know why it is failing at IP and how can I fix it

Thanks so much, help will be greatly appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

delahmed

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Danaldinho @ Apr 23 2008, 07:27 PM) View Post

Right, just today I bought a Wireless Adapter for my Xbox and before this I was using the ethernet cable from my laptop to my 360. Anyway I have plugged it into the Xbox and hooked it on and made sure the antenna is up. I then went to "Edit Settings" in the system tab and clicked on Wireless Mode at the bottom and when it searched and my Wireless Connection came up, I clicked on that and entered my WEP key correctly. Then after that, it comes up with test media and LIVE connection etc and I click on LIVE; everything passes, but once it gets to IP it says it fails sad.gif

I look on my adapter at the back and the green light is on.

So does anyone know why it is failing at IP and how can I fix it

Thanks so much, help will be greatly appreciated smile.gif

sounds like your wireless router / access point is not assigning an ip address to your 360 wireless adapter.

Make sure you have enabled DHCP server on your router.

You will need to log into your router via Internet Explorer. Its normally something like http://192.168.0.1

Check portforward.com for tutorials to logging in to all routers.

If that is not the case, make sure your router does not have a physical button you have to press (or hold for 2 secs) and then it goes into pairing mode (this is common on some wireless routers).

People cant help you unless you state exact make and model of your wireless router....

Also make sure MAC address filter is disabled or add your MAC address to the list....

Good luck.

snmp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »

try restore to factory defaults under network settings, and start over.
sometimes the wireless adapters can get screwy on the first install, this is also recommended on xbox.com as a solution.
you should also make sure dhcp is running, which it should be it is enabled by default on all routers.
if none of that works.  you can always static an ip under edit settings.  change to manual and enter an ip on the same /24 as your router.  

ex.  if your routers address is 192.168.2.1 set an ip of 192.168.2.150

this is generally far enough out on the ip range to not have any conflicts with other wireless client ips.

Good luck.