xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tired Of Google Searching  (Read 117 times)

phreak61

• Archived User
Tired Of Google Searching
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »

okay here is what im trying to find.....
I work out of town and i have no laptop....
i was wondering if there was a way to connect my xbox to my pc at home (from out of town) so that i could watch my videos !!??!!

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(phreak61 @ Mar 30 2008, 07:33 PM) View Post

okay here is what im trying to find.....
I work out of town and i have no laptop....
i was wondering if there was a way to connect my xbox to my pc at home (from out of town) so that i could watch my videos !!??!!

Well even though I dont like your attitude and lazy people in general here is the link to what you have been searching for...
Tutorial: How to connect the XBOX to a PC running Windows Media Player
My first search attempt which was "stream xbox 360" returned several tutorials on the first page so try to search before asking next time...
I hope this helped  biggrin.gif

phreak61

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Mar 30 2008, 12:51 PM) *

Well even though I dont like your attitude and lazy people in general here is the link to what you have been searching for...
Tutorial: How to connect the XBOX to a PC running Windows Media Player
My first search attempt which was "stream xbox 360" returned several tutorials on the first page so try to search before asking next time...
I hope this helped  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

number one: your an idiot
number two : your the one with an attitude
number three : learn how to read, what i was asking was not how to connect to my pc in the other room of my house it was how to connect to my pc in the other city!!

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »

Cut out the flaming.

But to answer your question....not really.

phreak61

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) i don't know what you mean by flaming but thank you for the answer!

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(phreak61 @ Mar 31 2008, 07:25 AM) View Post

number one: your an idiot
number two : your the one with an attitude
number three : learn how to read, what i was asking was not how to connect to my pc in the other room of my house it was how to connect to my pc in the other city!!

1) I know how to do it so it is obviously not me who is an idiot, calm down
2) I have got the attitude that I am trying to help you even though you use a  title like "Tired Of Google Searching" which causes that people dont even read your post
3) I posted the Google link in the hope that you might find out how to setup a link to the "pc in the other city" as I think that people should also have to do a bit on their own but well....

It is pointless to tell you how to setup a VPN connection if you didnt even manage to set it up for your home network but I am gonna give it a try.
So what you do is use Google to find out how to set it up for your home network if you didnt do this already.
Now you should be able to stream media from your pc to your xbox.
To get it to work at this place "in the other city" you will have to setup a VPN connection from the place where your xbox is to your home pc/network. So you kind of setup a virtual network. However just by thinking about for a few seconds most people would realize that this whole idea is pretty difficult to realize as you will experience lag while streaming these movies(DivX with low bitrate) unless you have a very fast connection with more than 1mbit upstream(for HD-movies it will be rather like 5mbits+)
So what you have to do to get this to work is use Google, search for a tutorial on how to setup a VPN connection...
I hope this helped  biggrin.gif

phreak61

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »

where you got the idea that i don't know how to set up my own home network i don't know... but i do as far as the vpn im pretty confident that i could do so.  but what i was wondering is if an xbox 360 could be connected to the vpn without a laptop!!! and thank you for the like to "fuckingoogleit" thats where i felt you had a little attitude!

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(phreak61 @ Apr 4 2008, 03:44 PM) View Post

where you got the idea that i don't know how to set up my own home network i don't know... but i do as far as the vpn im pretty confident that i could do so.  but what i was wondering is if an xbox 360 could be connected to the vpn without a laptop!!! and thank you for the like to "fuckingoogleit" thats where i felt you had a little attitude!

No it cant unless you code a custom kernel which allows you to execute code on the 360...
Then you would have to code a vpn client for the 360 that enables it to connect to it.
All this is pretty "difficult" to do tongue.gif So just stick with the laptop

phreak61

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »

okay thanx for the answer!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

foogrrr

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

heya phreak,

Yea theres no way to establish a VPN connection with just the xbox 360.  u can use your laptop with software to establish the vpn connection to your home computer, or you can use a router ( Linksys open-WRT is what i use).

You have one router with you, and one at home. Your routers establish a VPN connection between each other, simulating a LAN.  The bonus to this method is that the Router(s) are handling the routing and VPN processing, so that reduces overhead on your network and/or laptop (laptop wouldn't be required if i understood your question correctly)

Cheers, Foogrr