xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How About Use Pc To Emulate The Controller?  (Read 79 times)

mdlc

• Archived User
How About Use Pc To Emulate The Controller?
« on: February 03, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

Hello guys, first off sorry for my really poor english and also sorry if this topic was discussed yet (i was not able to find it through the search)

Since we are thousands or even millon of   360 and Pc owners  i think the idea to use the PC as xbox controller will be very profitable software instead of an 90$  XFPS   controller with few compatibility,  almost lack of  configurations and also, not steerwheels support.

In the theory, this kinda soft/hard must convert one of our pc usb ports as device instead of a host, where to send data to the xbox, I think would be easy to "sniff" a wired usb 360 controller with some kinda usb tracer and see what information the 360/PC recieves when you press Y button, you move the stick or whatever, then becomes the hard part that is to replicate that signal,and also replicate through your mouse, keyboard, wheel or mix of all.

Of course, this only exists in my wet dreams, i have no idea even if this if posible, i have no idea about programing and hardware, just i leave here this comment and i hope you guys will talking about.

Kind regards

timdotexe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 03:00:00 AM »

So you kind of mean like a bit of HARDWARE that connects the 360 USB port to the PC USB port coupled with a piece of SOFTWARE that emulates the 360 controller commands.

That would be fantastic for automating different commands in order to obtain some of more tedious and time consumer gamer points!

Or if commands can be emulated with precision timing (not sure if it would be possible) then the software could even support downloadable macros, i guess you would say, for automating perfect patterns in games like Guitar Hero for example.

I can see there would be demand for such a product yeah, i would love to play with one if it existed.

NineLime

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »

yeah man I'm thinking the same thing how could we do this.....
making the cable isnt the problem its making the s/w

i was thinking maybe even making a duke work for the 360 with just a software mod and a usb adapter