xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Other Wireless Suggestions..?  (Read 104 times)

KotoFox

• Archived User
Any Other Wireless Suggestions..?
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

I just bought a Xbox 360, two days ago.
So of course one of the main reasons I got it, it has the best console online play so far.

I looked up the Xbox wireless adapter, and that crap costs $100 bucks.
There is no way in hell i'm buying that for that kind of money, so I need a cheap solution.
I was think of bridging between my laptop and the Xbox, but as far as all that goes i'm not so good with that kind of thing, but honestly i'm very good with computers and so on.

I tryed to plug my D-Link 120 wireless USB adapter into the Xbox's USB port, hoping some chance that would work.. It did'nt, but I wanted to know if there is some way I can use that or something close to that, that I won't have to do a long drawn out job trying to get wires to hook up certain routers and junk. I just want something easy. This would be real easy and I would'nt be sitting here typing this out, if my original router that connects my computers to the internet was closer to my Xbox, but it's not and I can't do that, if I could I would use the Ethernet cord. But that's out of the question due to the fact I just mentioned.

So a little help here please.

-DB

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »

I bought one of those adapters a while back but had second thoughts because of the price lol

This was posted about a week or 2 ago on the front page:
Cheap Wireless for Your Xbox 360

I did this for the first time with my Linksys WRT54G v5 wireless router and a Westell 327w modem/wireless router and has been working flawlessly for a week so far  biggrin.gif

Only downside is you won't get the little extra stuff on the 360 dashboard such as viewing signal quality under the System Blade or seeing the text "Wireless" instead of "Wired" when running the network test

mykrowsy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

here's a cheap option: get a wireless game adapter on amazon for $22: http://www.amazon.co...x...201&sr=8-10

and there's a more common linksys one on amazon for $40 called "wireless game adapter"

microsoft even made one for the original xbox that will work, and sells now for about $40, too.

These work by running a short ethernet cable from the xbox to the wireless adapter, which then talks to your wireless router.