xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Usb Flasher Should I Buy?  (Read 146 times)

CombatCarl

• Archived User
What Usb Flasher Should I Buy?
« on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »

Hey all I'm really new to the modding of the 360. I've done the normal xbox for years but this seems to be a little leap of new area for me with the modding of the dvd drive. I am looking for which flashing tool to purchase. I wish to be able to flash the three different types of drives out there but I don't have sata in my computer. So I'm looking for something that is USB. I am really looking for something that is easy to use and would give me the ability reflash my firmware  to update it. I'm really not up to date about the console either I know that some of the drives have a paste like substance that covers the firmware but if I'm correct that's only important if I want to use a modchip which I'm really not ready to take up the challenge yet. So if anyone who happens to know a lot of this stuff would be kind enough to help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.
Any help is appreciated. thanks for helping me smile.gif

-Carl

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(CombatCarl @ Oct 9 2007, 10:14 PM) *
 So I'm looking for something that is USB

Not going to happen.  You need to buy a sata chipset, like a VIA.

mtkflash (samsungs) works only with sata chipsets, not usb to sata.

dosflash (benqs) works only with sata chipsets, not usb to sata.

Caster.

CombatCarl

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

Well then If I go and buy a new motherboard with sata hook ups which sata flashing tool would you recomend?

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(CombatCarl @ Oct 12 2007, 10:20 PM) View Post
Well then If I go and buy a new motherboard with sata hook ups which sata flashing tool would you recomend?

Read this tutorial.  You obviously havent done much research into the subject.  The chipset of your sata will depend on what drive you have.  What 'flash tool' you use will also depend on what drive you have.

Caster.