xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ethernet Port Fried, Options?  (Read 92 times)

skout

• Archived User
Ethernet Port Fried, Options?
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »

My ethernet port on my 360 got fried while using a wireless bridge, besides the Microsoft USB adapter, do i have any options? Ethernet port replacement or anything?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »

You should be able to replace with a standard Ethernet port, but I haven't done this myself.  Ask RDC, he probably knows.

Malumvolo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »

Or you can buy the wireless adapter, and connect via wireless (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Truelaw

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

Is there another way to do this? I have a wireless adaptor wg111. Will this work? Or is there another usb adaptor that will work? I too fried my ethernet port.

dry.gif

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

Only the official Microsoft USB wireless adapter will work.

It's getting to be that time of year where static electricity kills NIC cards... and it looks like Microsoft didn't learn from the Xbox1, and continues to use crappy PHYs.

I don't currently stock replacement PHY chips for the 360 (there are two different types in use), but if I can get my hands on some, I will offer a 360 NIC repair service.

Just a Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

Quote/"Only the official Microsoft USB wireless adapter will work"

There are third party gaming adapters that will work. I have a hawking game adapter hooked up to one of my boxes and it works fine. Alot cheaper also

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Just a Shadow @ Sep 30 2007, 12:38 AM) View Post
There are third party gaming adapters that will work. I have a hawking game adapter hooked up to one of my boxes and it works fine. Alot cheaper also

How well would your wireless bridge work on a system with a damaged ethernet port?

The original poster's only solution is a USB wireless adapter, of which only the official Microsoft 360 adapter will work.

How difficult is it to take out the broken ethernet port and put in the used one?

The hardest part will be getting the undamaged port off in good condition.  You will have to heat all the solder points simultaneously and pull the port off.   I'd first try a hobby knife on the bent pins and see if you can get them to line up.