xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hijack Extender  (Read 110 times)

Ryokukitsune

• Archived User
Hijack Extender
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »

well this isnt really a question of a hack but a hijack.

my brother and I (who live on opposites sides of the continental US ATM) where talking and he said that he just installed Vista Ultimate with MCE stuff. I don't know anything about MCE seeing as I have XP Pro though he wanted to see if it where possible to connect his PC with my xbox over the internet.

well basically threw a process of elimination we discovered that the official M$ stand is no. however I'm quite sure there is a way to do it we just don't know how.

while simultaneously searching for the answer to this question we both came up dry on the subject of coarse we probably aren't the most literate of people when it comes to finding ways to hijack the network connection of a 360. I'm hoping someone knows of a way to pull it off...

brandogg

• Archived User
Hijack Extender
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

It's not possible. Not by any means.

AceHack

• Archived User
Hijack Extender
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »

I would have to disagree.  You could bridge your two networks using a VPN connection.  The all network devices could see each other on both networks.  This would include a PC on one network seeing the 360 on the other network.  Depending on the up and down rates of you isp it could be a really slow connection or a good one.

This post has been edited by AceHack: Jul 15 2007, 07:42 PM

Gobelet

• Archived User
Hijack Extender
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »

It won't work properly. You'd need 100 Mbps Up and Downlinks to get it to work really properly. At home it freezes with Wi-Fi.

Kinryuu

• Archived User
Hijack Extender
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »

Check out a little program called Hamachi. Sets up a LAN-like VPN environment, and it's super easy to set up and get going. I bet you could do it with that. But yeah, bandwidth will definitely be a problem, but it should be possible.