xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless360 To Labtop To Internet...?  (Read 174 times)

carlitosvvay

• Archived User
Wireless360 To Labtop To Internet...?
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »

as you can see im new here but i have been reading these forums since the first xbox... i tried search in every 360 forum in here for what im trying to do but havent seen anyone cover it.

i am trying to get my friends 360 on to live, yesterday we went and brought the wireless adapter hoping he could pick up a signal that he picks up with his labtop in his kitchen...(as of now he doesnt have his own connection to the net cause hes moving in two months so its not worth gettin it) we tried to connect to the open network that his labtop picks up but it doesnt since the sign is to weak.

my idea was to have his xbox hardwired to is labtop from his living room to the kitchen and have the labtop connected to the open connection via wifi...

i wanted to know if i have to turn on ICS to make it work and have the lan directed to the wifi in the network options.... but im not sure if i could do that???

Cyruskayos

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

just
1)place laptop in kitchen
2)connect crossover cable to laptop and then to xbox 360
3)set up a network bridge
4)congrats, you should return the wireless adapter and go buy a crossover cable for $10

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »

Wtf is a labtop?

YUNG ERIC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Methadon @ Mar 27 2007, 08:23 PM) View Post

Wtf is a labtop?

It's a complete biology lab that is in a compact case that can sit on your lap. (great for working while on a long flight)

but yes you can set it up by selecting "allow other computers to connect through this connection" under properties. its great if you have draft n router and card.

BOOM!

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

with a low signal connection its going to lag like crazy. I use to use a wireless card in my old desktop to connect my xbox 360 to live using ICS.

this is what you do.

1. Turn your laptop on and connect via the wireless router you detect on your rounter.

2. Plug the xbox Ethernet cable that comes with your xbox 360 if you got the premium edition of the xbox 360. or just use a cross over cable. ( Don't quote me but i think the 360 doesn't require a cross over cable) and plug it into the laptop's Ethernet port.

3. Leaving the console off plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the 360.

4. Go to your laptop and Go to:  Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>right click your wireless connection>select properties>Advanced. Then put the check in the top box and leave the bottom one unchecked.

5. Restart Laptop & wait for it to boot up and connect to the wireless router. then turn the xbox 360 on.

6. your console should automatically sign in if you already used live on it before.

This post has been edited by BOOM!: Apr 18 2007, 02:55 AM

docutech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(BOOM! @ Apr 17 2007, 08:25 PM) View Post

with a low signal connection its going to lag like crazy. I use to use a wireless card in my old desktop to connect my xbox 360 to live using ICS.

this is what you do.

1. Turn your laptop on and connect via the wireless router you detect on your rounter.

2. Plug the xbox Ethernet cable that comes with your xbox 360 if you got the premium edition of the xbox 360. or just use a cross over cable. ( Don't quote me but i think the 360 doesn't require a cross over cable) and plug it into the laptop's Ethernet port.

3. Leaving the console off plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the 360.

4. Go to your laptop and Go to:  Start>Control Panel>Network Connections>right click your wireless connection>select properties>Advanced. Then put the check in the top box and leave the bottom one unchecked.

5. Restart Laptop & wait for it to boot up and connect to the wireless router. then turn the xbox 360 on.

6. your console should automatically sign in if you already used live on it before.

Perfect!  Just the solution I have been looking for to get on XboxLive!  Thanks for saving me a C note!

Vivek

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

I did this and mine fails at DNS...what should I do? It confirms the adapter and the IP Adress.

docutech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

Who is your provider and how are you connected to the web? PPOE or static IP?

chkdg8

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(YUNG ERIC @ Mar 30 2007, 02:55 AM) View Post

It's a complete biology lab that is in a compact case that can sit on your lap. (great for working while on a long flight)

That was great.  Thanks for the laugh.