xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: File Share (read: Emulating Windows Media Connect)  (Read 89 times)

tigermain

• Archived User
File Share (read: Emulating Windows Media Connect)
« on: February 26, 2007, 04:56:00 AM »

Does any one think it would be possible to code an application into OpenWRT (linux) enabled router in order to emulate the functionality of Windows Media Connect in order to access samba file shares or similar?

If it is I may start investigating such a tool as it would be nice to share the music/pictures from my NAS drive rather than having to turn my PC on and piggy back that

NS360

• Archived User
File Share (read: Emulating Windows Media Connect)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »

I dont know of any software for a router but there is software which can be installed on certian NAS Drives which will let you access your media on your xbox.

The best software at the moment is TwonkyVision I use it on my Linkstation Pro NAS and it works great you even get radio.

Check out the link for a list of supported NAS Drives. Is does work on other NAS Drives but it doesnt state them all because more programming is needed to get FTP Access to some NAS Drives.

http://www.twonkyvision.de/Products/Twonky...l#pre-installed

If you need more help let me know what your nas is and i can find out how you install it on your nas.

Cya
NS360

This post has been edited by NS360: May 9 2007, 01:04 AM