xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Check If Xbox360 Is Powered?  (Read 107 times)

cwegga

• Archived User
How To Check If Xbox360 Is Powered?
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »

Well, I read your question and thought about it for a bit. The best thing I can think of that doesn't involve arp or packet sniffing or other similar things is:

Buy one of those surge protectors that power on all the plugs when the device plugged into the main/control plug is turned on. Get an extra router or something that will have an IP and respond to ping and plug it into the other plugs on the surge protector. Then when the 360 is on, the surge protector will power the other network device and you will be able to ping the network device....

But really that's not a very elegant solution, just the best I could think of currently.

Atmoz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(cwegga @ Jan 29 2007, 11:28 PM) View Post

Well, I read your question and thought about it for a bit. The best thing I can think of that doesn't involve arp or packet sniffing or other similar things is:

Buy one of those surge protectors that power on all the plugs when the device plugged into the main/control plug is turned on. Get an extra router or something that will have an IP and respond to ping and plug it into the other plugs on the surge protector. Then when the 360 is on, the surge protector will power the other network device and you will be able to ping the network device....

But really that's not a very elegant solution, just the best I could think of currently.

laugh.gif

Thanks for the answer!!

That's a solution too. But not very elegant indeed  wink.gif
Maybe then I could better check the LED on the router what is connected to the Xbox. When it's lighted, the Xbox is powered on...

I’m doing this because the panel where my plasma is hanging has a (self made) Xbox360 logo in it. This must be lighted if the Xbox360 is powered, and turns off when I quit playing.

Pictures are better then 1000 words:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

smile.gif

Atmoz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

Please someone....???

cwegga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »

Well if things are close together like that it's simple. Just hook the 360 into the controlling port of the previously mentioned power strip. (something like  this.) Then wire the lights so they draw power from the other plugs on the power strip.