xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Internet Connection On Campus  (Read 102 times)

Doughboy3

• Archived User
Internet Connection On Campus
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »

I'm at a boarding school where they have a proxy to control what websites and internet programs you use. If you open up internet explorer, a box will pop up and ask for your username and password. In other programs like messenger and skype, you have to configure the connection settings for the proxy. Connecting an xbox 360 directly to the internet fails it to connect, although many people here have tried. But I'm wondering if there is a way to use network bridging, internet connection sharing, or pppoe settings to get my xbox to connect to XBL. I have a desktop pc with 2 wired ethernet ports, and the campus network is wired.

I know that's alot of info, but I'm really hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Ben

KeepTheReceipt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »

At my college they have Live blocked as well and one day while sitting at an undisclosed store I saw the package for a 360 wireless network adapter torn open.  Naturally being the freegan that I am I picked it up and walked out with it.  I got back to my dorm room and to my surprise I was able to pick up a connection off campus.  If your school is in a highly populated area I would suggest picking one up.  They are like 70-80 bucks if you pick one up online.  Remember though that im not advocating stealing I just think some things are meant to be.  The package was shredded and I took advantage of this.  DONT STEAL!

Doughboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »

I dont understand, your campus blocks live when your xbox is on a wired network, but a wireless connection allows you to connect?

cwegga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

No he's saying that he connects to someone's wireless connection off-campus and steals bandwidth.

Try connecting the 360 to the pc and using ICS to connect to xbox live. If you can configure the pc to log into the proxy and then share the connection you might be able to connect to live.

Doughboy3

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »

the problem with ics is that it changes my ip adress to 192.168.0.1, which my proxy wont connect with.

cwegga

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »

ICS should only change the IP address of the ethernet port you want to connect the 360 to. Try enabling ICS on the other network connection instead. Also try bridging the two connections and see if that works.