xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless Network Adapter Question  (Read 89 times)

loony

• Archived User
Wireless Network Adapter Question
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:14:00 AM »

Nice forum you have here Chaps and Chap-esses biggrin.gif

Bought the USB Wireless network adapter... and having trouble getting it to connect to my network...

My existing wireless network functions fine... (2 PCs, 1 mp3 player and an Aibo)
router is a "Belkin Broadband wireless router", cant remember model number...

For 360 setup and installation purposes, WEP was turned off, essid was re-enabled and MAC filtering was turned off....

on 360, used auto setup for ip address and dns settings

Adapter searches for and finds my network, full strength signal...
but when the conection test is run, it fails at Network, Not connected (2nd in test list)

any ideas..??

also, the light on the back of the W.N. adapter is red.... Am I right in assuming this flashes green when sending to the network..?
should this send to the network during the connection testing phase..? (mine didn't)

any help would be greatly appreciated..!!!

loony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

Also meant to mention.....

360 work Perfectly if I connect using the Cat5 cable.... cool.gif

even managed to download an update for the 360.....

but due to position of 360 to the router and Phone socket... Cable is out of the question for normal operation.. sad.gif

(nb. Cat5 cable WAS removed during wireless tests!!)

ps would have edited above post instead... but couldn't see how..!! blink.gif

cwegga

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

Well, this doesn't seem too likely but have you checked to see if the 360 is in range of the router? Maybe temporarily put them within a few feet of each other to eliminate that option?

As far as the light on the adapter goes. It is red when not connected and solid green when connected to the network for me in a quick test. I don't remember if it has an orange mode also that means something.

If it isn't a distance problem one thing you might try is give the 360 manual IP address and DNS settings. If you aren't into networking enough to pick some just plug in the cable and write down the settings it gets and then configure it to use those numbers wirelessly and see if that makes a difference.

OFD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »

^^

Yeah, that was the only method that worked for me... Auto-config on the 360 didn't work, so manually set IP and DNS... then rock & roll!!!  Hope it works!  The only other thing I did was DMZ my router.