xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newbie In Need Of Serious Help!  (Read 102 times)

scotte2051

• Archived User
Newbie In Need Of Serious Help!
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

Okay, you guys will probably laugh at me when I ask what I'm about to ask since you know alot more about Xbox's then I do but I have searched every where on the Internet and cannot find a simple answer.

I have a regular XBOX and I have it hooked up to my Linksys router, I have the Xbox set to manually use an IP address which is 192.168.1.2, I check it and make sure everything works fine and it completes all the tests that the XBOX runs and connects to the internet successfully. Now on my computer, which is running off of the router also, I have its IP address set to 192.168.1.3, everything works fine with the internet on this PC. When I use FlashFXP I enter all of the information it asks me for, followed by the default username and password (xbox) and try to connect, however, it never connects. I have read in some forums that I have to soft-mod my XBOX before it will allow me to connect, is this correct? I have tried to burn EvolutionX to a CDR and use in it my XBOX, however, everytime I do, a messsage comes up on the TV saying to make sure that this is a CD, DVD, or Audio CD and to make sure it is not scratched, Removed this Disc to Continue. What am I doing wrong, I have EvolutionX v1.8 and it wont boot, I have tried buring an ISO file which I have and then I extracted a ZIP file I have and tried burning it, all CD's burn successfully, however, unsuccessful when trying to run them in the XBOX. All I want to do is take saved game files I have on my computer and replace the ones on my XBOX with these, and if possible, send Music Files to the XBOX. Someone told me that I did not need to have a modchip, but in other forums it says that I do. Could you please take time to help an idiot in search for XBOX freedom?

Thanks!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

31337one

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

Do noobs not even use google anymore?

It seems more a waste of time to sign up and activate an account on the X-S forums AND go post something like this, than it does to just do a simple google search.

Seriously, www.google.com   try "softmod xbox tutorial" I bet there are tons of hits....

scotte2051

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »

Obviously you do do not understand the question I asked. I have searched Google hour upon hour trying to find a the simple question as to whether or not I need a modchip to run EvolutionX to enable File Transfer. Now for someone who would like to help me instead of criticize a simple question, please feel free & Thank you upon that.

roofus

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

Obviously you do not understand the question you asked.

This is the Xbox 360 networking forum.  Your question has nothing to do with the Xbox 360, or its networking capabilities.  Go ask in a more relevant location.

And yes, any homebrew software, including EvolutionX, requires a modchip or softmod.