xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using A Pc As A Wireless Bridge To The 360?  (Read 404 times)

Superj159

• Archived User
Using A Pc As A Wireless Bridge To The 360?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »

just use my method discribed above
it is a lot easyer and  you only have to assighnt a ip to the NIC on your pc
and the internet on your 360

for any problems PM me

Sdunford

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Superj159 @ Apr 25 2006, 10:09 AM) *

just use my method discribed above
it is a lot easyer and  you only have to assighnt a ip to the NIC on your pc
and the internet on your 360

for any problems PM me

Allright i bridged the networks. When i do this my regular internet craps. The lan just says aquiring network addressor some bs. The only way to get my regular internet back is to restart my pc. I test the 360 anyways it shows its wired but cant gain an ip and stops there. On the 360 it says error status codes

W 0000 - 000B
X  8001 - 0405
Y  0000 - 0000
Z  0000 - 0000

some of the description for the error is as follows: Gateway addres is not verified. Verify address in the ip settings for the network. Confirm no other devices share same ip.  If you have a router eneable DHCP. My router is protected an it says something about that on the 360 but the key programmed into the pc is correct do i need to dig it out and add it to the xbox? Again i have a very vague grasp on networking and i am not sure if i know what a hateway is. Or how things interact and connect. Ill reformat a harddrive anyday but  this shit just isnt my thing.

This post has been edited by Sdunford: Apr 26 2006, 02:59 AM

JrracinFan8

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(halofun121 @ Apr 17 2006, 08:30 PM) View Post

For the IP, enter something like 192.168.0.x (x can be any number from 1 to 9, make sure your router hasnt assigned this IP to another computer). Subnet Mask should be 255.255.255.0

DNS 1 can be blank and as well as DNS 2.

Also the IP can range from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.255

QUOTE(Sdunford @ Apr 24 2006, 07:04 PM) View Post

I have been having problems with this i was wondering if someone could help.  I cant seem to the crossover or the share to work properly. Also i cant fully access the shared option. Explained in picture below.
IPB Image <working on this

The hardware i have is this:

1) xbox 360
2) Crossover cat 5 ethernet cable (not patch)
3) Dell pc
4) usb belkin wireless adaptor
5) belkin wireless router

Whenever i bridge connections my regular internet craps out. Also happens when i share. The lan looks like it connects but never shows the xbox's gateway number and the xbox can never find an ip or subet mask etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The wireless you dont need to configure ICS for because its wireless

Sdunford

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

**Bump**

can anyone help me?

leaftree

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

OK, time to call on you guys at the forums

i have read and search and searched some more. and tested all snippets of replies to posts. Non of which have solved my problem:

1 xbox connected to PC which connects wirelessly to router:
PC has 1 Ethernet NIC + 1 USB wireless adapter going to wireless router.

XBOX         --->crossover--> [ethernet NIC    -----  Wireless NIC ]->->-> Router >>>www
192.168.0.4                           192.168.0.1              192.168.2.10             192.168.2.1

I can FTP to xbox
I can browse web from PC

But can't get xbox to connect to web
I have tried allowing other network users to connect
I have tried network bridging

Can some one help with telling me where to go form here,
 including what DNS , and gateway details I should put where?

Obvisously your help will not only help me tremendously,
but many others who are doing something wrong.

Many Thanks
Leaftree

ps: got no problems connecting xbox to to router directly- can acces web.
help wink.gif

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

Try reading my above post. Basically, I would reccomend setting up DNS and DHCP manually on your computer, which is how I have it.

Beat_The_Man

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

Just want to report that after awhile of playing around with my network settings, I found that Xbox Live works through a wireless Laptop bridge on the 360. Please Note, I am having an issue still with this connection. Heres what I did though:

1. Connected xbox 360 to laptop with cross over (though cross over cable is not req.)
2. Connected to wireless network in my house
3. Bridged the wireless connection to the nic that is connected to the xbox360. (make sure that both network connection icons say "connected, bridged", and that the bridge icon says connected. If they dont say "connected, bridged" right click on each one and click "add to bridge")
                      Ok now the new stuff
4. ALL SETTINGS ON my COMPUTER are set TO AUTO (IP, DNS)
5. I viewed the status of my hub (to do this type this in your internet browser http://hubs ip address here/) and wrote down my LAN settings not WAN!!). You need to know the hubs current ip, dns, and subnet. On a linksys hub, to view these settings just click the status tab.
6. I then went to the xbox 360, found the network setup screen, and change the IP to manual. For the ip, i entered my hubs ip, except for the last number, that must be diffrent. For example: my hubs ip is 192.168.1.1, on my xbox360 I set the ip to 192.168.1.6.
7. My subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 so i set it as that on my 360
8. I set my gateway to the same EXACT IP as my hub. So in my example, 192.168.1.1
9. Next i went to dns on the 360, and set it to manual, and entered the dns1 and 2 exactly as they read from my hub.
10. jackpot it works

One small catch, I lose connection to xbox live after 10-15 mins or so. I can reconnect to Xbox live fine, it just always loses connection in game play. Anyone have any idea why? Or a potential Fix I can try? If other try this, let me know if you get the same problem. PLEASE HELP

EgAp

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

Thanks for the last post worked a treat except you have to add in the mac address (make it the same as your pc/laptop) on the xbox otherwise you may still get a dns error as i did. But THANKS!!oh and a thought on your connection shutting down... go to network connections, after having made the bridge goto the properties of the lan connection, then there should be a small configure box, click this and goto the power management tab, disable power saving. Worth a try just thought the pc maybe shutting off the lan connection saving power and hence why it times out after 10-15min! Good luck

z3niMAGiNE

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

Thanks for this post.. I created a bridge. It was ridiculously easy and almost free.

BEClueless

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

I did this on my very first day with my new 360... Here were the simple steps that I followed:

1) Attach normal cat5 cable from xbox360 to HTPC.
2) Go into wireless TCP/IP settings, make sure that "automaticly obtain" is selected for IP address and DNS server.
3) In network connections ctrl+click on both wireless connection and LAN connection, right click and select "bridge connections"
4) Turn on xbox

I had no problems at all doing it this way, worked like a charm and saved me $100
Pages: 1 [2]