xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Usb Flash Drive As Memory Unit  (Read 4163 times)

PezDispenser

• Archived User
Usb Flash Drive As Memory Unit
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

You can understand his[/her] "diagram"  ??     unsure.gif  

Maybe it's my color vision, but beyond the one chip, I have no clue what solder points he's dealing with --either in the original Nano, or the ATA card.

I have no special skill soldering.  

I'd like to think this type of thing would work with the daughterboard from a Rio Forge (dirt cheap & has a SD memory card slot)... but then you'd be hacking 2 really small proprietary devices.  

The larger ATA capacity would sure be nice, but I just happen to think 3.3v and plug & play make SD a more natural fit.   I guess there could be ZIF drives or even 5v ide44 drives that might work, as well?

If I get the courage to actually fool around with that idea as far as 'this works/doesn't work,' it would have to be a new thread.  

I sure wish one or more of the Forum Einsteins were a bit more into this.  They've come up with so much though, you can't really complain.

panyan1991

• Archived User
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2008, 01:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(xsnoopyx @ Feb 14 2006, 03:51 AM) *

hullo. yeah i just read through this WHOLE topic and was pretty happy to see i dont have to rip open my memory card. Now I have a couple q's. Is everything willgonz used in this topic at like the begenningish or did he use something else? cuz im gonna kind of boycott what he just did to save myself an empty wallet. Oh and can you list the parts he used? Thanks!

where's ur resistor to convert the power to 3.3V?

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »

you do realise you replied to a post that is over 2 years old

panyan1991

• Archived User
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2008, 02:41:00 AM »

so where are we now, any improvement/developments?

janekdrukarz

• Archived User
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

hi
i need unformated dump memory unit.
anybody help me.
best regards

slikvik

• Archived User
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to why this should be achieved.

Although using a flash drive my be a stepping stone to proving the theory I think the ultimate reason for doing this would be as an adaptor to add your own HDD.

I'm hoping that someone will mod an existing Memory Unit, leave the Security Chip intact and just solder on a SATA or PATA adaptor in place of the memory chips themselves. Very similar to what the iPOD Nano PATA mod achieved. (Mentioned earlier in this thread.)

The MU to HDD hack seems easier in theory than replacing the 20GB with a larger hdd, which has already proven to be very difficult and not worth doing.

Let's put it this way, whoever figures out how to do this will become famous overnight on the mod scene and no doubt make lots of cash from selling the hacked MU's.

I'm just trying to give the true mod freaks a nudge to put more effort into this  smile.gif

If they could do it to the Nano it can be done here I'm sure. The Datel 4GB PSP device also rings similars bells. It's posible that the security chip stores a capacity value which may prove tricky, but frustratingly, no one has even tried to see if that is the case.

Transporter 159

• Archived User
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »

Hi im new here and to xbox 360 i have and elite and i was trying to copy files from a storage device to my harddrive  i  did not find any solutions but i came across this conversation regarding storage devices ... if you were to buy a microsoft flash drive it works handling data media and photographs it cant hold profiles or anything like that but it still acts like a normal drive remeber is a usb plugin device mine is a 4gb flashdrive and because microsoft made xbox the hardware is compatible it worked for me why shouldnt it work for you ? ... and if anyone knows how to transfere data from a flashdrive to a xbox hardrive please let me know ive found nothing about it in the manual ?? thanx hope ive helped !! =]

biopcb

• Archived User
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »

anyone have working pics for this tutoral. part where using 3.3v regulator with xbox360 memcard and usb cables.

grimdoomer

• Archived User
« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

Each memory card has a security chip. On it should be a device Id, some generic data, and a 2048 bit RSA Signature of all that. That is how the 360 verifys it as a legit storage device.

Jimakos Sn

• Archived User
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2008, 05:36:00 AM »

BTW the data + and - in the xbox 360 memory units are usb data + and usb data + ...I have connect 2 female usb ports to each memory unit data + - and 5v from the PSU and now i have 5 working usb ports in my 360.

Grimbarian

• Archived User
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »

Is there a working XP64 driver? I've connected the memory card to my PC and it's only showing as "unknown device" in control panel, and the drivers in X360MemoryUnitDriversV1.1.exe aren't working sad.gif

I should add I'm trying to access a 256mb memory card which is slightly different than the original tutorials but I would guess the wiring should be the same?

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »

what about takeing the act mem chip a blank one and seeing if theres maybe a bin in there that could be as easy as putting onto the other drive that would be nice if theres an extratable file that doesnt ever get erased. dam i know theres a datel memory card kit maybe it can see something on there idk i have a spair memory card somewere but i need a pic program or something i wanna know what i could do to find the sig. its out of my league but i know its prob something that can be done. but yes have a memory card with a sata plug to plug in an external sata drive dam think of the possiablitlys but it still might require hex for editing the space  idk something worth trying to figure out.

Razor512

• Archived User
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »

I know this thread is old but just want to check if there will ever be a way to make the 360 use a standard usb flash drive as a memory card.

or at least rip the security data from a memory card, then I can build my own connector make the flash drive connect to the memory card slot of the 360

I already have a hard drive, I just want to get a flash drive to work as a memory card because I don't want to walk around with the hard drive and I don't want to buy the official memory card as for the price, I can get a 8GB flash drive (which I was able to get a pack of 10 for $20 a few months back )

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »

it's not security data, it's a whole security CHIP that is an USB device on its own.

ccfman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »

What I am doing has nothing to do with this topic, but there is one thing from here I need to know.

How do I reduce the 5 volts from the USB power down to around 3 volts?

Thanks.

BTW, I tried to use the tutorial here and almost rendered my Memory Card useless where my 360 would not read the card, not sure how I fixed it though dry.gif
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18