xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: To Jtag Or Rgh That Is The Question!  (Read 85 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
To Jtag Or Rgh That Is The Question!
« on: January 23, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

JTAG > RGH

JTAG is still better

Instant boots everytime and thats what makes it better.  No worries of slow boot times or waiting for the system to boot.  For this reason alone it makes the JTAG better.  

The only good thing about RGH is that it gives you a larger selection pool for consoles to RGH.

The biggest difference in the steps of RGH vs JTAG is this

In RGH you solder the chip to the board and have to program the chip to work with your motherboard type.
Then from that point on, its just like jtagging, read NAND a few times, write ecc.bin is like writing xell, then getting CPU key, then create freeboot and write.

Dicko316

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(bubbles2578 @ Jan 23 2012, 06:57 PM) View Post

Hi,
Ive done a couple of JTAGs, but the last one I did was way before the RGH came out. A mate of mine thought that it was an easy job to RGH a 360 so he bought loads of stuff to do it. (NAND-X, Coolrunner, CK3i etc) He then looked more into it and realized that its not as simple as soldering a few wires in place. So hes asked me to have a look at it for him. When he gave me the console I noticed that it is a 2858 dash (Very Rare apparently), which I know that you can jtag without doing the RGH. My question to all you experts out there is which is the best solution?
the options I have (or there might be others) are:-
I JTAG this 360 without using the coolrunner he bought, and then I get all the parts he bought for doing the RGH as payment
or
I do the RGH on the 360 and charge him for the pleasure.
I would think the first option, only because Ive never done the RGH myself and would need to look more in depth on how to do it, but from what ive heard you have to do most of things you do with doing the JTAG Hack.

What are your opinions guys?

Cheers

He needs to decide what he wants at end of the day, a good Xbox that lasts or the cheap route to get games on hdd, emulators, dlc, xbla games etc.

The decider might just be this, even if you have experience doing JTAGs, RGH is not an easy mod at all, there are loads of different things that can go wrong(see the forums), even most of the "pro" guys on here had problems at first, and some boxes are just bitches to boot, the boot times are all over the place too. So save yourself a whole heap of trouble and go with JTAG.

But for a good Xbox that lasts:
I would sell the console with dash 2858 and then get a newer model and then gltich it. I would guess its an old Xbox model, I would of guessed a Xenon but as you cant glitch those, it must be a deifferent model?
The early models are just way too unreliable, RROD pretty much 100% garunteed. £60-£70 is about what you can expect for it on ebay.

Or if he's on a budget:
JTAG it like you said, way simpler to apply the mod, less things to go wrong too, easier to troubleshoot problems, etc, etc. Maybe add some cooling mods!!

Also if you think about it most guys offer a RGH service for £50-£60 delivered(me for example lol) so taking into account the money spent and the trouble he's had so far, he'd of been better off getting someone else to do it for him, and let them have the headache!

bubbles2578

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »

Thanks for all your input. I thought to JTAG it would be the better option. I just bought a 250gb 360s off another mate of mine for £80, so ill RGH that with the bits that my other m8 had bought to do the RGH.

Thanks guys

cRaCKwHoRe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(bubbles2578 @ Jan 23 2012, 01:57 PM) View Post
A mate of mine thought that it was an easy job to RGH a 360 so he bought loads of stuff to do it. (NAND-X, Coolrunner, CK3i etc)

What are your opinions guys?

There's your answer! Plus like others have said, if he wants to keep it and use it for any extended period of time, he should sell the legacy model on Ebay and buy a new one- Trinity would be best.