xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 360 Falcon Hdmi Issue With Jtag  (Read 152 times)

seanr28

• Archived User
360 Falcon Hdmi Issue With Jtag
« on: January 31, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

Hi, I have jtagged many consoles and only ever ran them myself via the AV lead, I have now tried to use the HDMI port, and get no putput at all, all my jtags have the same issue, 1 or 2 have been built manually, freeboot etc. and the others with jtag tool and the HDMi worked before jtag..The ROL is fine as if it was all perfect when a HDMI cable is connected...any ideas or suggestions please?

everything works as normal and the Jtagtool is a very widley used bit of software, works 100% perfect via normal AV lead, surley if something was built wrong, I would have more issues? The only thing that I have done with all of them is have them connected to VGA cable on my monitor, regards

sean

i have also run

C:\smc_util>smc_util analysis test.bin

*** Xbox 360 SMC Utility ***
*** Version 1.1 by Blackaddr ***

Looking for SMC version...
SMC Version: 2.3

Processing ANALYSIS section of smc_util.ini

DMA_READ_HACK: found at 0x2D73
GPU_JTAG: found at 0x2DAD
PCI_MASK_BUG: not found
TMS_PATCH: found at 0x2DC2 : TMS_value_is 0xCC
TDI_PATCH_0_of_3: found at 0x2E20 : TDI_value_is 0xC0
TDI_PATCH_1_of_3: found at 0x2E46 : TDI_value_is 0xC0
TDI_PATCH_2_of_3: found at 0x2E5D : TDI_value_is 0xC0
TDI_PATCH_3_of_3: not found
PNC_CHARGE: not found
PNC_NO_CHARGE: not found

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 06:23 PM) View Post

Hi, I have jtagged many consoles and only ever ran them myself via the AV lead, I have now tried to use the HDMI port, and get no putput at all, all my jtags have the same issue, 1 or 2 have been built manually, freeboot etc. and the others with jtag tool and the HDMi worked before jtag..The ROL is fine as if it was all perfect when a HDMI cable is connected...any ideas or suggestions please?
 everything works as normal and the Jtagtool is a very widley used bit of software, works 100% perfect via normal AV lead, surley if something was built wrong, I would have more issues? The only thing that I have done with all of them is have them connected to VGA cable on my monitor, regards

sean

i have also run

C:\smc_util>smc_util analysis test.bin

*** Version 1.1 by Blackaddr ***

What wiring do you use for your HDMI JTAGs? I'm not sure what the symptoms of a non aud_clamp JTAG on an HDMI console are but that sounds like it might be it?

seanr28

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »

thats just it, Im using aud_clamp and tray_open (alternative method) all my jtags have been done this way, I have 3 here (falcons) all work pefectly, until I have tried the HDMI port on them

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 08:11 PM) View Post

thats just it, Im using aud_clamp and tray_open (alternative method) all my jtags have been done this way, I have 3 here (falcons) all work pefectly, until I have tried the HDMI port on them

Hmmm I'm not really sure and I don't want to blow smoke. The only other thing I could think of is the SMC is not patched properly for your wiring but I don't believe the console will boot at all if that's the case.

Sorry, hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you out.

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 07:11 PM) View Post

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 05:23 PM) View Post

0xCC = AUD_CLAMP.
0xC0 = DB1F1.
0xCF = TRAY_OPEN.
0x83 = ARGON_DATA.

Whatever image you are using is not configured to use TRAY_OPEN.

seanr28

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

sorry this is the correct one

C:\smc_util>smc_util analysis test2.bin

*** Version 1.1 by Blackaddr  ***

TDI_PATCH_0_of_3: found at 0x2E20 : TDI_value_is 0xCF
TDI_PATCH_1_of_3: found at 0x2E46 : TDI_value_is 0xCF
TDI_PATCH_2_of_3: found at 0x2E5D : TDI_value_is 0xCF

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »

This is the correct output for a Falcon using AUD_CLAMP and TRAY_OPEN:

*** Version 1.2 by Blackaddr  ***

SMC Version: 1.6

DMA_READ_HACK: found at 0x2E62
GPU_JTAG: found at 0x2EA1
TMS_PATCH: found at 0x2D4B : TMS_value_is 0xCC
TDI_PATCH_0_of_3: found at 0x2DA9 : TDI_value_is 0xCF
TDI_PATCH_1_of_3: found at 0x2DCF : TDI_value_is 0xCF
TDI_PATCH_2_of_3: found at 0x2DE6 : TDI_value_is 0xCF
TDI_PATCH_3_of_3: found at 0x2EA7 : TDI_value_is 0xCF
PNC_CHARGE: found at 0x2E4F

Personally I use DB1F1 and not TRAY_OPEN. Even Blackaddr, the person who came up with the idea of using TRAY_OPEN uses DB1F1 instead of TRAY_OPEN.

I've done plenty of consoles, and never have I had any issue with HDMI. Blackaddr's alt SMC tools were written before fbBuild was released, and fbBuild uses launches Xellous differently from images created with iBuild. It launches Xellous if no drive is present,  and has the freeboot_alt.bin present in the bin directory which can be swapped to build images which behave the same as those generated by iBuild. If you've ruled out a fault HDMI cable and a fault with your display device, then I would either try building an image using that freeboot_alt.bin or use DB1F1 instead of TRAY_OPEN. I can't see why it would do it, but using TRAY_OPEN could be causing it to launch Xellous and as we know Xellous doesn't support HDMI.

Out of curiosity, I would connect one of those consoles to your router. Boot into Xellous using your VGA lead and note down the IP address. Then boot with a HDMI lead, and see if entering that same IP address into a Internet Browser brings up Xellous.

"Jtagtool" doesn't create freeBoot images, and neither do FreeBoot ToolBox Maker, Easy FreeBoot etc. They all use iBuild & fbBuild through command lines, and you are better off using those programs directly. It really does solve a few of the issues.

This post has been edited by tk_saturn: Jan 31 2011, 10:05 PM

seanr28

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »

ok thats usefull infor, thankyou.

its definatley not booting xell or xellous, as the standard Av cable boots into the dashboard all ok,

what is the tdi patch 3? and why would mine not have it?

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 09:03 PM) View Post

its definatley not booting xell or xellous, as the standard Av cable boots into the dashboard all ok,

How do you know it's not booting Xellous when a HDMI cable is attached?

If you boot into Xellous when a HDMI cable is attached, your get the ROL go round, the power light will be illuminated, and you'll have a blank screen on the TV. No segments will be lit on the ROL.

Try as I suggested

I would connect one of those consoles to your router. Boot into Xellous using your VGA lead and note down the IP address. Then boot Xellous with a HDMI lead, and see if entering that same IP address into a Internet Browser brings up Xellous.

As you don't have a whole lot of of solutions.

seanr28

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

right, just tried it, with hdmi cable conected, turns on and centre light is green no rol though and no screen output! if i power with eject button, xell boot and no screen as expected.

any ideas now please?

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 10:18 PM) View Post

right, just tried it, with hdmi cable conected, turns on and centre light is green no rol though and no screen output! if i power with eject button, xell boot and no screen as expected.

any ideas now please?

Seems like it almost has to be your SMC in relation to your wiring.

seanr28

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

ok, any suggestions on how to put ir right please? I am really stuggling with this one, also just realised that my original nand files were not 7371, could this have caused the issue?

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 11:05 PM) View Post

ok, any suggestions on how to put ir right please? I am really stuggling with this one, also just realised that my original nand files were not 7371, could this have caused the issue?

I would move to DB1F1 and reflash with a freeboot image made for that wiring, but that's all I have ever wired to so I am not sure that's the best route to go for you, from here. Just my two cents.

edit: But you should also try tk_saturn's suggestion rebuilding using that freeboot_alt.bin as well before moving your soldering. For ease of updates though I would move the tray_open to DB1F1 though. You won't have to deal with it in the future.

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(seanr28 @ Jan 31 2011, 10:05 PM) View Post

original nand files were not 7371, could this have caused the issue?

Nope. I've gone straight from 5xxx on a BNIB Falcon to FreeBoot 0.04(1). No issues with that console. Likewise, on all but one of my Jaspers I went from 6xxx to either FreeBoot 0.032 or freeBoot 0.04(1), no issues with them either.

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 31 2011, 11:32 PM) View Post

Nope. I've gone straight from 5xxx on a BNIB Falcon to FreeBoot 0.04(1). No issues with that console.

TK: Why is it recommended to update first then? It seems like it's a case of "I know someone who's mother's brother's uncle tried to isntall freeboot onto a dash that was not 7371 and it wouldn't work"

Of course I believed this when I did my first box but now seeing how the process works it shouldn't make one bit of difference. I am still wondering why it's the recommended way to go though. I know people say it's that freeboot is based off of 7371 but the way freeboot is built, it just does not seem like it has anything to do with your base original image. It seems to create absolutely everything it can.
Pages: [1] 2