xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: $systemupdate 12611 Won't Apply  (Read 317 times)

budtoka420

• Archived User
$systemupdate 12611 Won't Apply
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »

if you have dashlaunch 2.11 installed, then you will not be able to update via normal method as dashlaunch 2.11 has a built in update blocker. so here is what you will need to do:
rename $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate on you pen driv
this version of dash launch contains an update blocker that is enabled by default. There are two ways around this if you wish to install the bits and pieces used by the dash for kinect and avatars

1 - place the updater that matches this version on removable media, and rename the folder from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate

----OR----
2 - place an ini where dash launch can find it and set the noupdater option to false - noupdater = false

number 1 worked perfect for me I had trouble getting the avatar update to install I renamed the system update file and it asked me for an update on boot up

credit to http://www.elitemods...nect-dashboard/ and wabashman for this

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »

Thanks budtoka420, but I've already got noupdater = false in my launch.ini.

It seems clear that the problem is that my Xbox is not currently recognising USB sticks and it's not going to be able to install the systemupdate if it can't even see the files on it, so I'll have to try and work out what's happened. Probably the easiest thing for me to try is to downgrade to an earlier dashlaunch and see if that makes any difference.

budtoka420

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »

no do this place the update that matches this version on removable media, and rename the folder from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate otherwise it won't recognize it

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(highonxbox @ Apr 6 2011, 08:56 PM) View Post

FORMAT YOUR BLOODY INTERNAL MU. IT SHOULD WORK AFTER THAT.

There, is that clear enough for you?

You're a rather angry little man aren't you. If you'd care to read my post above yours, you'd see that my Xbox isn't currently able to see my USB sticks, so formatting my MU isn't going to make any difference.  rolleyes.gif

highonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(doveman007 @ Apr 6 2011, 04:29 PM) View Post

You're a rather angry little man aren't you. If you'd care to read my post above yours, you'd see that my Xbox isn't currently able to see my USB sticks, so formatting my MU isn't going to make any difference.  rolleyes.gif

No not angry, its just frustrating when someone asks for help, you give them a suggestion and they say, "I don't want to try your suggestion because it may not work" and then after that posts three more pages of runaround.

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(highonxbox @ Apr 6 2011, 10:51 PM) View Post

So my follow up question is going to remain the same.

How many more posts are you going to make before you take my original suggestion and even ATTEMPT to format your MU.

You've been given plenty of reassurances that there is no risk in this so why haven't you even tried it yet?

I'm just waiting for you final post that says something like, "I formatted my internal MU and it worked after that... weird. Who would have thought"
No not angry, its just frustrating when someone asks for help, you give them a suggestion and they say, "I don't want to try your suggestion because it may not work" and then after that posts three more pages of runaround.

Well the mature thing to do when someone doesn't want to try your suggestion is to walk away, not get wound up with them and keep insisting that they do so.

Your suggestion made no sense to me as the systemupdates certainly never used to get installed on the MU and I don't believe that's changed (particularly as some 360s don't even have an internal MU), so I didn't see why I should need to format the MU. I'm not in the habit of blinding following suggestions that I can't see any sense in.

Anyway, I've managed to install the update now. I downgraded to DL2.09 and re-formatted my USB stick, but it might have just been coincidence that it worked after doing those. Toy Soldiers is working again, I can now see SysExt in the FSD2 File Manager and SMB access is working too.

There's still the problem that I can't access my USB stick in FSD2 or XexMenu, although it's clear now that this is separate from the systemupdate problem. I certainly used to be able to do so in the latter. I can't recall if I've tried from FSD2 but I think it was working there as well.

Do enjoy your wait for that ego-boosting post you were hoping for from me  rolleyes.gif

turfster

• Recovered User
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(budtoka420 @ Apr 6 2011, 06:27 PM) View Post

no do this place the update that matches this version on removable media, and rename the folder from $SystemUpdate to $$ystemUpdate otherwise it won't recognize it

That worked. I just did a zephyr that way. Up all night trying to figure out why it wouldn't update. Thanks for the tip.

highonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »

I never truly expected you to admit to it anyway. For all I know you formatted and it worked. Doesn't affect my ego either way.

Glad you got it working.

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »

If it didn't affect your ego you'd just accept your suggestion was wrong, rather than imply that I'm lying.  rolleyes.gif

highonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »

How do you know if my solution didn't work if you didn't try it?

doveman007

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Your "solution" was nothing of the sort.

The fact that I've now successfully installed the systemupdate without formatting the MU proves that it being unformatted obviously has no effect on installing systemupdates, so why would you think that formatting it would have been a solution?

If I'd followed your suggestion, I'd now have an unwanted formatted MU and I'd have had to flash my NAND again to remove it.

highonxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »

This is my response to your ignorance:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

This ridiculous argument ends here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]